Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
  • Fitness centre
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)
  • Room Service
4,545 results
All reviewsle barprestige suitegreat locationwater towerhancock towerrush stroom servicemichigan avenuecomfortable bedbeautiful hotelturn down servicethe gold coastlarge bathroomtwo blockshigh floormag milemagnificent mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is on the top of my list as one of the best hotels I've stayed in. In addition to outstanding cleanliness, the functionality of the room design made the visit exceptional. Often rooms are so small in hotels that you have to take turns maneuvering around the bed, but this was spacious. The chaise lounge is so much more relaxing than the typical club chair. I loved that there were built-in shelves behind the wall mirrors. You are less likely to leave something behind hid away in a drawer. The bathroom is bright with a wall mounted makeup mirror. Little things like the shelf under the bathroom sink and the hot water quickly coming to temperature makes your stay just a little more pleasant. Although we didn’t use them, there were bathrobes and slippers for guests to use. A feature I haven’t seen in a hotel before … a push button privacy light. I’ve been subjected to those do-not-disturb hanging door tags removed at other hotels and the resulting knock on the door from housekeeping. What a great idea! They thought of everything!

The large screen TV was a nice surprise. The room was very quiet although you can hear doors closing but muffled enough by the room insulation that it didn't wake us. The maid was very conscientious and the room was pristine. The friendliness of all staff from the doorman to the front desk was infectious and it spilled over to the guests. The location is ideal, just a few blocks off Michigan Avenue, down the street from the Water Tower Place, close to Rush Street and a block away from my husband's favorite spot...Ditka's. It’s worth noting that the hotel has a bar off it’s lobby, Le Bar … a fun place for a night cap.

In the morning there is free coffee in the lobby and the most buttery croissants. In the afternoon, they put out delicious little sandwich cookies. But you don’t have to leave your room for a good cup of coffee. The room is equipped with a Keurig coffeemaker, Tully’s coffee and a complimentary Evian bottle of water.
My husband used the fitness room and found it the best he’s used supplied with fresh fruit and water.

A few items they can easily remedy...the TV programming was tedious to maneuver. I found the bed a little too hard (and a little lumpy) for my arthritis but my husband had no problem with it. A nice comfy mattress topper would solve this issue. We knew we were arriving late on a Friday night and I called to see if I could check in but without a credit card on file, I was unable. The room was already charged to my card by Travelzoo which may be the reason. I was concerned because the hotel was completely booked and we didn’t want to get the last room by an elevator. So we were very pleased when we arrived and the front desk clerk upgraded our room to an upper floor and it was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Blackmore, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Bonjour MercyMoi,

We are thrilled to hear you loved your experience at the hotel and all the little extras you pointed out is good to know that the guests do enjoy them. The newly renovated rooms I agree are very well appointed ant thought out, we were able to get about 95% of what we wanted to do achieve. We are in the process of finalizing the TV system and upgrading this soon which will help we believe in a more seamless navigation. Keep an eye out for more Travelzoo deals or contact us directly the next time you would like to come back to Chicago!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice hotel, with a good service for a good price. Well located - close to the Loop and to the lake. Clean, nice room with nice view and comfortable bed. Great breakfasts. Obliging staff. I choose this hotel every time I come to Chicago.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Bonjour j40i4,

Thank you for the pleasant review as it was short and too the point of everything we strive to accomplish. Also, we do really appreciate that you continue to be a loyal guest and use our hotel during your visits! We hope see you very soon.

Best,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great staff that we love to see upon each return. Great location. Bar area just renovated with outdoor seating available. Restaurant is French based cuisine. Fellow guests generally represent various world locations.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Bonjour berniew700,

Thank you for being a great repeat guest of our here in Chicago! It seems you have been coming for quite some time and remember our team as we are lucky to have a veteran team in various areas of the hotel. I am also glad you enjoyed the renovated Le Bar and hope you were able to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms for this stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stop searching for a Chicago hotel online - stay here! A fantastic experience. The location, staff and facilities are perfect. Aida was my check-in rep and was so nice.

Sofitel is a European-based group of upscale hotels. Besides Chicago, I previously stayed with them in NYC, Paris, Berlin, Rome Munich and Venice. This hotel was top-notch! Book a newly-refurbished room.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Bonjour keithmD1676EE,

We are gushing with the marvelous review and shout out to Aida! She is a such a great addition to our front office team and is indeed very nice and perhaps the most genuine ambassador we have. Also, we are very pleased you enjoyed the newly renovated room and hope to you back soon in one of our properties.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile in early March 2018. The staff was courteous and upgraded our room from the 6th floor to the 32nd top floor because of our late check-in. Needless to say, we were very surprised and grateful! The view was nothing short of amazing!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Andrea P,

Thank you for the beautiful review! It is great to hear the team was able to upgrade you to one of our newly renovated rooms on the top floor which have great views of our lovely downtown skyline. Hurry back to see us for your next visit in Chicago.