I recently stayed at the Sofitel while on a quick business trip to Chicago (first stay at this chain). Location felt very safe even while walking alone after 11 p.m. I found the hotel to be the right level of style, with lots of light, modern but elegant--I personally liked the decor throughout. I also appreciated the friendly staff with their greetings of "Bonjour". Room was very comfortable and quiet. Very clean. Window shade on a switch (nice touch). I slept much better than usual. Enjoyed the Cafe des Architects for one dinner and breakfast. Free wifi was a nice change too. Rate was more reasonable than nearby hotels in same class. All in all, I can't think of anything they could have done better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel