“Good hotel for a city stay, value decent, rooms clean but loud. Parking NOT user friendly.”
Review of City Suites Hotel

City Suites Hotel
Ranked #113 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We used this hotel location to house ourselves and all of our wedding guests on our wedding night. The hotel itself is relatively clean and modern, especially considering its age and city location. Any of the rooms that are considered suites are quite spacious, again considering the city location, with plenty of room to 'hang out' as well as sleep. If you choose the standard Queen room though, this one is considerably less spacious.. leaving you barely enough room to move around. The breakfast that they offer is standard, but the food was of good quality.
Also something to keep in mind are the noise levels of the hotel. Most of my guests went sleepless due to either the noise of the street outside or the noise of the El station right next door. I would try and ask for a room at the back of the hotel as those were nice and quiet, facing an alley.

The reason that I have not given this hotel a higher rating is due to the parking situation as well as the overall knowledge of the staff. The hotel does not advertise this, but they offer only a limited amount of parking per day. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that only 1 of the 2 rooms under our reservation could have parking. This was certainly not what we expected as we had driven 2 cars downtown. After driving to the parking garage though, we learned that it is only $2 more per day to park in the lot under the standard rates. We also learned that there are 2 lots, which no one offered or told us about, and they both use very different rules. Be sure to be very clear with the hotel staff about parking as they did not offer clear information to us or our guests and it caused a few headaches. Also be sure to check your bill. After telling us that we could not park both cars that night, they charged both of our rooms for parking anyhow. They just didnt have their act together where this was concerned.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Had high expectations of this hotel in Wrigleyville but was very let down. The main reason appears to be the room I was assigned, right next to the booming beats of the music/games store next door. The music was loud, and I mean REALLY loud, for most of the three days I was there. It only really affected me on the first day as I wanted to sleep after a long flight, and I was offered a room change on the second morning, but didn't take it as I knew I was going to be in much later on the other nights.

Sadly, I then fell ill on the final night and had to stay in the room, with my head banging from the sounds from next door. This continued until well after midnight and I didn't sleep at all before leaving very early in the morning still under the weather.

I was unable to hear the music from the corridor on the second floor so would assume it was better on the other side of the hotel - just my bad luck to end up in one of the bad rooms. The room itself was huge, comfortable and well appointed...just let down by noisy neighbours. I like Wrigleyville as well, close to plenty of entertainment and almost right next door to Belmont Station, 20 minutes to downtown with very regular trains (which ironically I couldn't hear at all!) Breakfast basic but helpful.

Probably would stay here again but would double check my room first.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Recently spent 3 nights at the City Suites Hotel in Chicago. I can't say enough nice things about the staff. We showed up at about 10 AM on Sunday morning and stopped by just to be sure when we could check in. There was a room ready but I asked if it was on the "quiet" side - it wasn't. The clerk told me to come back about 2 and she would have something ready on that side. And it was ready when we returned. The guys on the afternoon/evening desk were also very helpful with things to do in the neighborhood and the best way to get to our appointment in downtown Chicago.

Overall, the place was very clean and tidy. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean. The breakfast was nothing spectacular - I didn't expect it to be - but it was adequate. Even the in-room snacks and beverages were decently priced though we didn't take advantage of them. We just walked 2 blocks down the street and loaded up at Walgreens.

Yes, the parking is off-site but it's no more than a 3-4 minute walk. Not really a big deal unless you have health issues or the weather is bad.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week of baseball and this was a perfect location. The staff was very accomodating, including offering to move us when the Yogurt Shop next door got too loud at night. It's a short 5 blocks (10 minute walk) to Wrigley Field .Try Leona's for great Italian and Sheffield Grill for before or after game food. ALso Ann Sathers for breakfast or the bagel shop next door. The "L" red line is right there - with brown and purple loops connections. If you are going fo a few Cubbie games - could not be a better place. It IS an older hotel, so the bathrooms lack counter space, but the ambience is wonderful.

Room Tip: don't know how loud the "L" is on that side, but Yogurt shop likes to crank music unti...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2012

After we stayed on the first leg of our "Let's go Cubs" Opening Weekend near the Magnificent Mile, we wanted to be closer to the action to watch the final two games.

Enter City Suites Hotel. This hotel is located right next to the Belmont Red Line stop, which is only one stop toward Howard to the Addison stop and Wrigley Field.

This hotel is located near MANY restaurant and bars. Hey, it's Wrigleyville so it's all about having fun (even if the Cubs lose).

The hotel had a very small room, but it worked just fine. The bathroom was a bit better. The front desk was always helpful and upbeat, so that was a plus.

I didn't get to explore Wrigleyville as much as I wanted, but I will be coming back to City Suites the next time I am in town to root for the Cubbies because the area just felt right.

Room Tip: The Red Line trains are 24 hours and the Belmont stop feels safe any time of day. That can't be...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family