City Suites Hotel
US$ 446
US$ 247
US$ 231
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 263
  • Room Service
US$ 268
US$ 223
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
US$ 161
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 279
US$ 265
  • Restaurant
All reviewswrigley fieldbelmont stationcontinental breakfastann sathercubs gametrain stationgreat locationhard boiled eggshonor baryogurtshower gelan older buildingbrown linesmall hotelmini barwithin walking distancecity noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Chicago for a Cubs game against the Brewers, and decided to stay at City Suites Hotel, because it was so close to Wrigley. As soon as we got to the hotel we felt welcomed! I requested a hotel room on the non-train side, and because there were empty rooms available we got upgraded to a bigger room! The room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was very nice. The room was a little small, but that wasn’t a problem for us. They had a continental breakfast in the morning and it was very nice/well presented as well. I was nervous going to Chicago because I have heard horror stories about Cubs fans, and people living in Chicago being mean, and rude, but they were nothing but nice!!! The staff at City Suites Hotel was phenomenal, they were very helpful, and answered any questions we had about Chicago. I would recommend City Suites Hotel to anyone who is staying near Wrigley!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thanks_Boss
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Recently my daughter and granddaughter and I made a trip to Chicago to visit with my oldest grandaughter at DePaul University and we stayed at the City Suites Hotel, we will plan our next visit and most diffently stay there again. The beds are the best I have EVER sleep in away from home, the rooms were very clean and the staff was GREAT, we will plan on telling any one else making the trip to Chicago this is the best place to stay and the prices were very good. Thanks to all that made it a great visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We have been staying at the City Suites since 2004. It is economical (more so if you book in advance and stay two/three nights), has a great location with wonderful access to transportation, clean, small rooms, an acceptable breakfast for those on the go, and great cookies in the afternoon. You can easily drive to it or fly into either airport and take the "EL", making one transfer. It is close to great food, funky shops, boutiques and an old Victorian Theatre, The Vic, where many musical/comedy acts perform. If you stay there, try Giordano's Pizza about a block and a half west. If noises bother you, ask for a room towards the east, because the train goes by on the west, but you are staying in a big city and are likely to hear street noise wherever you are. It is not at all like NYC hotels, though.

Room Tip: If noises bother you, ask for a room on the east, away from the "el"
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
marino44, Regional Manager at City Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Mr. Gallagher,

Thank You for taking the time to share your feedback of the City Suites Hotel on TripAdvisor. I would also like to Thank You for your loyalty to our Hotel. Maria and her team have told me that your one of their favorite guest through the years.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Keith E. Scott
Regional Manager
Broughton Hospitality

Reviewed 29 March 2012

My family stayed at the City Suites and first of all walked up step that were both perilous in being tilted and soft as well as cramped. As we entered the door the smell of the room was quite bad but after a while you got over it. The rooms were pretty small as well. We then saw the snacks and refrigerator full of goodies with which the hotel hoped to pilfer the remainder of our cash through temptation. We decided to leave all of those things as they were and that so far nothing was very bad. So I sat down on the couch and smelled something funny. I did not think so much about it seeing as the whole room smelled funny but a few hours later as I was lying down on the couch I sniffed the seat and all of a sudden I knew what I had smelled. Urine. Luckily the bathroom seemed to be clean so I showered in there and asked for the cushions to be replaced. Twelve hours later the place still smelled and felt dirty. I went to sleep and throughout the night I heard, "Beep Beep, doors are closing," from the train next door.

Room Tip: Find a room on the farside from the train, but hopefully you wont get a room here at all.
2  Thank Keo C
marino44, Regional Manager at City Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience at the Majestic Hotel. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services.

I am very concerned to learn about the condition of the room you stayed in during your recent stay, but I can guarantee you this is not a common experience. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I would like to discuss this matter with you personally, so please call me at the hotel 773-404-3499 and ask for me directly.

I look forward to speaking with you and hope you give us an opportunity to restore your confidence with us in the near future.

Keith E. Scott
Regional Manager
Broughton Hospitality

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Loved the location of the hotel. We jumped off of the Red Line on Belmont exited the station, turned right and BAM! there is the hotel. We were able to get all over the city from this location. Yes, you can hear the train and on weekend nights, you hear the revellers in the alley (if your room is on that side), but we don't mind "city" noise. I always pack a pair of earplugs when I travel anyway, just in case. I only used the earplugs one night.

Aside from that, the hotel is walking distance from Wrigleyville, restaurants, bars, clubs and a jazz club. Anywhere else you want to go, just jump on the train. The crowd was mostly college age outside of the hotel, but the hotel had a more "refined" clientel. The room was well appointed and had a real nice feel to it. The bed was comfortable. I thought it was cute that they sold little souveniers in the minibar as well as full bottles of wine. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful our entire stay. I always like that. One thing of note, the elevator is TINY! Watch out if you bring a lot of luggage or large bags. My husband and I just fit with our carry on luggage.

Overall, we liked City Suites and would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the train.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple