“Awesome price, Awesome location and AMAZING service!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #43 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Awesome price, Awesome location and AMAZING service!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My friends and I stayed here in February as we were going to a concert in the area, You really can't beat the prices especially considering the location! The staff was extremely nice and definitely went out of their way to make us feel at home! My friends and I planned another trip for April and without a doubt we booked a room at the same hotel because we loved our first visit! As we walked in to check-in we were greeted with smiling faces and the best part was once of the staff members, Cruz, recognized us! They even remembered our name, talk about great customer service! I travel to Chicago for work and play and because we have been treated so well, I plan on staying here everytime! Great job Cruz!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Stefanie K, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thanks for your review. I am so glad you had another exceptional stay. I do have to agree with you, I am amazed by our bell staff and front desk staff how they recognized faces and names. They are so good at thier jobs. That is wonderful to hear Cruz recognized you. Come back soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Tonawanda, New York, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Me and my friends were extremely pleased with the service we received. Check-in is normally at 3pm, but we were arriving in Chicago early that morning. I called around 8am and spoke with Jennifer at the front desk. She said she's have a room for us by 10am. We ended up getting to the hotel at 9am and she already had the room ready. We only had limited time in Chicago (we were seeing a Cubs game that day and then were leaving immediately the next day), so this helped get us get the most out of the trip. Valet parking attendants were incredible, friendly and efficient. No need for your car at this hotel. Perfect central location - near the Red Train, shopping, etc. I am definitely coming back to this hotel next time I come to Chicago.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear Jennifer was able to get you checked-in early. The days we aren't sold out the night before, we try our best to accommate our guests for any special requests. If you ever need to check-in early again, call the day before and we will try to help you again.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The hotel was clean and convenient. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Monica, Front Desk was extraordinary in recommending best hip place to dine for my birthday celebration.

Room Tip: Great location at affordable pricing. Ask for weekend rates.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments. Happy Belated Birthday! Monica is fantastic at the front desk and really knows her way around the city. She is a great resource. We hope to see you next year for another birthday celebration.
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Great Marriott quality at a good price. Rooms are a bit bigger than some in downtown Chicago, and the free breakfast makes feeding kids a breeze. Great location between Michigan Avenue and the lake. Close to excellent shopping and restaurants and within a short walk to State/Grand El stop on the Red Line for quick access to the Loop, Lincoln Park, Wrigley Field and U.S. Cellular Field.

Room Tip: Corner rooms big enough for king bed and rollaway bed.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for a great review on our location and guest room size. We do have a few roll a ways available for larger families. They fit comfortably in our king rooms, double rooms, and suites. You are right, regarding our room size compared to other hotel rooms downtown Chicago. We were built in 2000, where as some hotels are as old as the 1920's. This definately reflects the room size and lay out. See you soon.
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have been a Marriott rewards member for about at least 7yrs now and this was a first. First off, i only stay at Marriott Hotels and promote Marriott to all business travelers out there. i made a reservation, had a confirmation and thought i'd be all set.. When i went to check into my room the guy at the front desk informed me that they didn't have a room for me.. needless to say i was floored, even when i told him i had the confirmation on my phone. he said they gave my room away but had me booked at a HILTON GARDEN INN that was a few blocks away, and that i could walk there... BS, instead of bumping me up to better marriott like a courtyard or any marriott you dump me off to a Hilton Garden Inn. i'm currently a Gold Elite Member and that means i stay at least 50 nights a year at the Marriott Chain's. they also expected me to pay for the room at the Hilton at their mistake, i told him i wasn't paying for a room at the Hilton and he should comp my room and get me a cab ride over there. needless to say i would not recommend this Fairfield Inn due to the incompetent staff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Jason S
Thank you for your comments. I am extremely surprised by the service you received. I will be happy to look into this in further detail if you have time to call the hotel directly. I hope you do give us another chance.