“Amazing experience ! A Must Do!”

Chicago Photography Tours and Workshops by Jason Wolf Digital Images
More attraction details
Owner description: Jason Wolf Digital Images offers interactive photography classes and photography tours in Chicago and is a great way to see the city and learn about photography at the same time! All classes are hosted as walking / interactive workshops that feature detailed / personalized instruction aimed at showing you how to use your camera (Point and Shoot or SLR) to capture images in real settings ..how you want them to look, on demand; because nothing is more frustrating than having that perfect travel image right in front of you...and NOT being able to capture it! For those less interested in the technical aspects of photography and who would rather learn about Chicago from a photographer's point of view, we do have less intensive experiences available as well.To us, it does not matter whether a student has a point and shoot or SLR, because photography is about capturing lighting and angles, not about how much you paid for your camera. Through our extensive experience and knowledge of all cameras on the market, we can teach them how to take the types of images they want, on demand, by showing them how to utilize their camera outside of the auto mode and achieve its and their full potential; and we do this by breaking down the technical components...and making them easy to understand and apply. So the next time they want to capture the perfect shot in a perfect..or imperfect setting...they can.
Wenduine, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing experience ! A Must Do!”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Just got my camera for one day and already took the most out of it thanks to Jason. This exprience was amazing and we saw a lot of the most beautifull places of Chicago by day. If i go back to Chicago i will do this again. for shure!

greetz from Belgium!
and thanks a lot man!

Visited November 2011
JasonWolf, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours and Workshops by Jason Wolf Digital Images, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Pieter,

You and your borther Vick were great to work with and it was a pleasure to be part of your experience while you were here in the US. Hopefully our time and work together helped to make the rest of your travel enjoyable...particularly from a picture taking aspect.

Safe travels and thank you again for the kind words!

Regards,

JW
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Worth another workshop!”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This is a great workshop and definitely worth the time you put into it! It's small interactive workshop that is very engaging. You can ask many questions throughout the workshop and you get to learn other techniques as well. Depending on your knowledge/expertise in photography, Jason will customize his workshop so that everyone gets something out of the workshop. Also, you will understand how and why certain images come out the way they do. In addition, you will understand many features of your DSLR that you may have never known about.

You'll walk away with confidence in photography!

Visited November 2011
JasonWolf, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours and Workshops by Jason Wolf Digital Images, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Louie,

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was great working with you and Danny and Wheng! You guys were a lot of fun and definitely had some great questions and unique ideas. Stick to the basics, build your foundation and just simply have fun with it...and I guarantee you will be suprised by just how much you can accomplish.

JW
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“No longer have to guess while taking photos.”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Jason is an excellent teacher. Well worth the money .

Visited November 2011
JasonWolf, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours and Workshops by Jason Wolf Digital Images, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Jon, You and "Tot" were so much fun to work with. I was really bummed out when our first class was rained out, but I was very glad that we were able to get some class time in...especialy before your vacations! Travel safe and thanks again!
Fremont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“best $80 investment!”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

i have been using trip advisor a lot but this is my FIRST review just bacause not only was i very happy but also very much satisfied.
my husband and i came to chicago for a 4 day visit. I was looking for fun things to do and saw jason's class to be in the top ten. i have long been wanting to go to a photography class but being a working mom, i cant seem to find time. i called him and set-up my workshop.
he started with introducing basic principles- lighting, exposure and metering, after that it was all hands-on and very interactive class. we walked the streets of chicago and took pictures while applying the things he told us! i have had my camera (D90) for a year but it felt like this is first time i've use it- it has so many features that jason helped me understand .
he is an extremely nice guy- very knowledgeable and makes the complicated world of photography fun and easy! this is the best investment you can give yourself if you like photography!
p.s.- he offered his hat and gloves to us and made sure we are all comfortable ( it was freezing and windy! nonetheless, perfect day for me!)

1 Thank wheng d
JasonWolf, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours and Workshops by Jason Wolf Digital Images, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Wheng, Thank you for the VERY kind review and response to our class this weekend. You were a great group and it truly was a lot of fun. My favorite image you had take was the one on the bridge by the Art Institute. It was absolutely beautiful!

Safe travels and happy holidays!...and thank you again!
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“I feel like I have a new camera now”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My class with Jason was a better teaching session than I could have imagined. I have a Nikon that I knew I wasn't using to even a fraction of it's capability, but after this class, I feel like I have a handle on this. Not only did I learn some of the techniques of photogrpahy, but also how they applied to my particular camera. Aside from all that learning, the class was fun. I learned so much in the 2+ hours I had. I can't wait till take his new night photography, which is supposed to start in the spring of 2012!

1 Thank LizChicago217
JasonWolf, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours and Workshops by Jason Wolf Digital Images, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Liz, than you for the very kind review. It was a pleasure to work with you and I am so glad our work together had such a positive impact. Good luck and li will be sure to reach out when we begin the night classes in 2012

Travellers who viewed Chicago Photography Tours and Workshops by Jason Wolf Digital Images also viewed