All reviewsshops at north bridgespg propertynordstrom mallmichigan avenuegreat locationdirect accessfire pitspg pointshuge tvbeautiful hotellobby barrooms are spaciousanother guestfront desk staffwould stay here againrush streeti highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Chicago presents AMAZING discoveries every time I visit! this Hotel effortlessly found its way into my guarded heart! Aronta' & Sherwood went above & beyond to make my experience ineffable! Thank You!

Room Tip: Purchase your parking on spot hero
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This hotel is everything I hoped it would be! Centrally located in downtown Chicago, and with a private entrance to Nordstroms and the Shops at North Bridge. Check in was a breeze with Kyla Mitchell, who even mapped out walking directions to my favorite pizza place (Lou Malnati's) for me! The room was gorgeous, with a great view of the city. And, the bed was so comfortable - I didn't want to leave. I didn't have the opportunity to try the roof top bar, but it looked like a lot of fun. The common areas of the hotel are equally as beautiful as the room. This is now my "go-to" hotel in Chicago and the PERFECT place for a Girl's Weekend Getaway with shopping, spa and a blow dry bar just steps away.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay from check in until check out. The room is fantastic with a comfortable bed and quality linens. The bathroom is large with huge bath towels and robes. Staff was attentive and helpful with any request. Location cannot be be beat. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The Gwen has potential to become a luxury property within Starwood SPG Chicago

Staff well managed. Property in shakedown mode. Eager they are to make things right.

While the furnishings have only recently arrived
There is potential for an upgrade from the prior management

My check in went smoothly except that the verbally promised uograde did not occur

My travel coordinator was told on check in highly like yet not confirmed until arrival

After a long check in likely due to staff recently trained I arrived at standard room

While my room was near the ice machine and the staff elevator / stocking room, it did not occur to me that I would be awakened near 3 AM when the housekeeping resources are restocked

When my difficulty was made aware at concierge, the weekend front desk manAger came forward, listened, and made everything right

Bar tenders and patio quite professional and pleasant

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Well I travel for work and after struggling with few Hotels I found Gwen to be my place. Starting with liane, she helped me and the others book through the rest of the year, thus saving us the hassle for booking each week. Secondly the entire staff is very friendly , specifically Shrey , Morgan and Patrick who always greet me on arrival making the entire environment pretty friendly and homely. The location of the hotel is great for shoppers as the hotel has a direct way to Mall. Also Michigan avenue is right there for someone to take a stroll in the evening. The room gives a luxurious feel with the Big TV screen and the bath products are also great. Rooms are big and spacious, with cozy beds. All in all a great hotel to stay in Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business