“Excellent customer service ”

The Gwen, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago
Ranked #8 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I went to The Gwen Hotel and stayed with friends who were there for a birthday. We thought we requested two beds but we booked just one. We spoke with one of the managers Patrick who was extremely sincere when telling us they only had rooms with one bed. He definitely went out of his way to see if there were two beds opened. I know they were sold out and the place was really busy. Our room with one bed wasn't ready at check-in because we were a bit early, so we came back hours later. When we came back the room still wasn't ready because the guest before had a late checkout which was understandable but annoying because we wanted to get in. It was going to take another hour. But Patrick walked us over to the bar and gave us drinks on the house and told us to hang tight. He came back maybe 15 minutes later with keys to a room ... But with two beds and some cookies from the kitchen telling us he appreciated our patience and understanding. He also sent up a few glasses of champagne to start our evening right which was a nice surprise. Very, very classy and true hospitality right there. The Gwen Hotel is beautiful, clean, and staffed with people who care about people even when they're busy and sold out. Great experience and great location.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank johnnyspice

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Chicago presents AMAZING discoveries every time I visit! this Hotel effortlessly found its way into my guarded heart! Aronta' & Sherwood went above & beyond to make my experience ineffable! Thank You!

Room Tip: Purchase your parking on spot hero
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This hotel is everything I hoped it would be! Centrally located in downtown Chicago, and with a private entrance to Nordstroms and the Shops at North Bridge. Check in was a breeze with Kyla Mitchell, who even mapped out walking directions to my favorite pizza place (Lou Malnati's) for me! The room was gorgeous, with a great view of the city. And, the bed was so comfortable - I didn't want to leave. I didn't have the opportunity to try the roof top bar, but it looked like a lot of fun. The common areas of the hotel are equally as beautiful as the room. This is now my "go-to" hotel in Chicago and the PERFECT place for a Girl's Weekend Getaway with shopping, spa and a blow dry bar just steps away.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay from check in until check out. The room is fantastic with a comfortable bed and quality linens. The bathroom is large with huge bath towels and robes. Staff was attentive and helpful with any request. Location cannot be be beat. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The Gwen has potential to become a luxury property within Starwood SPG Chicago

Staff well managed. Property in shakedown mode. Eager they are to make things right.

While the furnishings have only recently arrived
There is potential for an upgrade from the prior management

My check in went smoothly except that the verbally promised uograde did not occur

My travel coordinator was told on check in highly like yet not confirmed until arrival

After a long check in likely due to staff recently trained I arrived at standard room

While my room was near the ice machine and the staff elevator / stocking room, it did not occur to me that I would be awakened near 3 AM when the housekeeping resources are restocked

When my difficulty was made aware at concierge, the weekend front desk manAger came forward, listened, and made everything right

Bar tenders and patio quite professional and pleasant

Stayed: July 2017
Travellers also viewed these Chicago hotels
Near North Side
The Peninsula Chicago
#3 of 191 in Chicago
Gold Coast
Thompson Chicago, a Thompson Hotel

Been to The Gwen, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK