“Top of the Line Amenities with a View”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The staff, ambiance, amenities and views provided by this hotel were wonderful. The outdoor pools, hot tub, firepit, views of Navy Pier and the lake front from your balcony in its own private secluded section of the city were unfathomable until you see it for yourself. The gym is huge and there's even an indoor pool for those very blustery Chicago days. All within walking distance to Grant and Millenium Park, shopping on Michigan Avenue, and all that Dowtown Chicago has to offer. My only regret is that we didn't have an extra day to enjoy every aspect of it. Next time we head downtown from the suburbs I'm taking my son so he can enjoy it all. We may never leave the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 7th floor. The balcony wrapped around and its views were amazing. We d...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed all of our amenity space and views of the city! We look forward to seeing you and your son on your next trip to Chicago!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have read many very good reviews about this hotel and frankly I am amazed because they don't equate to my own experience. A regular business traveller very familiar with paying a decent rate for a pretty decent high end chain hotel that you get in any city in the USA or Europe. They are all much the same with well trained staff, clean hotel, decent facilities, decent sized room etc etc. Frankly you could be in any one of them in any city and you wouldn't know the difference.
This hotel fell below that standard. Decent room, decent view, nice facilities, excellent gym and swimming pools, but out of a six night stay the room was not made up on two occasions. In six nights the tea and coffee making facilities were never replenished, the internet failed one evening, and one night the power to the room sockets knocked off and my computer and phone were not charged the next day. All small things, annoying and when you are away on business andy getting back late you just can't be bothered chasing up why the room hasn't been cleaned etc. Frankly this hotel fell below the acceptable standard, it doesn't have to be fantastic luxury, it doesn't have to be the biggest room in the city or the best view, just don't p me off. And while I am on it it has the most ridiculously uncomfortable seats in the bar, so bad you cant decide whether it is better to sit or stand. Maybe I was just unlucky!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RedarmyVancouver

I am truly sorry that you had a poor stay with us and that there were shortcomings on our end. I assure you, this is not the normal experience of our guests. I have sent you a private message in the hopes to get more details about your stay so that a similar situation does not occur again in the future. I hope that you will return so that we can recoup your confidence in us.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed 8 nights in August in a double queen 'city view' room with a balcony overlooking the outdoor pools and with partial views of the lake and Navy Pier. We had absolutely no issues with noise whatsoever.

The room was one of the turquoise carpeted ones, and it was hugely comfortable with ample space for 2 adults plus 2 kids. The bathroom was lovely, with a great design, rain shower and beautiful bath products. Perhaps they could improve the lighting over the mirror.

There were nice high-tech touches too, with an i-dock and all the info on the hotel and surroundings being fully accessible from the flat screen TV.

My only quibble is with the in-room coffee. We didn't have the expresso machine that others have spoken about, and the Lavazza coffee in our regular coffee maker really did taste like sock juice. Disappointing.

This aside, the hotel does have phenomenal facilities, including a mini art gallery, a half basketball court, state of the art fitness machines and 3 pools etc.

Front desk staff were efficient and professional if on occasion a little stand-offish compared to, say, a Kimpton hotel. Other than that, we found the staff to be very accomodating. Housekeeping was excellent and extremely discreet, though they need to improve their English skills ( which I know is hard to do when you're working all the daylight hours to earn your living) in order to interact better with guests.
We had a problem with our air conditioning one morning, and the friendly Irish technician arrived to fix it just 20 minutes after I had reported the problem through the TV! That's great service, and it was followed up by a personal reply to my 'Customer Satisfaction Survey' from the hotel's general manager.

We ate at Fillini's once for breakfast and once for dinner. There was a slight glitch at the restaurant when our cocktails (excellent) came up from the bar at the same time as our food order, but nothing to ruin our evening. The food was decent. Nothing to write home about, but better than most hotel restaurants, and it is nice to be able to 'eat in' when you're tired after a full day. The only disappointment was the fried chicken strips for our 8 year-old. They were plentiful and tender, but a quick toss in some olive oil and garlic would be so much better than than the battered variety.

To conclude, if you're looking for a comfortable, sleek and modern hotel in a very central location with great views and all the facilities you could wish for, then you can't go wrong with the Radisson Blu Aqua. I know that if we are ever back in Chicago, we won't hesitate an instant.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fraire
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you had a great stay and took the time to share your experience with others. I am glad that you and your family had plenty of space and were able to enjoy our facility. I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Beautiful hotel! The pool, the gym, the running track, the sauna, the hot tub, the bathroom, the coffee bar in our room, the room, the balcony, the service, the VIEW, the mini bar, the firepit, the wall of fire.....I could go on and on about everthing that I loved about this hotel, THIS CITY!!! I love chicage! The hotel is close to everything we wanted to do! Will definalty be back! I am big on odors and certain smells....this room was just perfect, SPOTLESS and it smells brand new.And the bed was almost as cozy as mine! :)

Room Tip: I've read others had an issue with this...really not an issue. I slept like a queen!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a nice stay with us and that you slept like a queen! I have shared your comments with our entire team and everyone was honored by your kind words. We look forwarded to seeing you again soon on your next trip to Chicago! Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Not the cheapest, but what a perfect location. Two blocks to Michigan Ave in one direction and two blocks to Millennium Park in the other direction. Very modern hotel. I booked a king park view and upon arriving, requested a corner room with a balcony. I was told that none were left so I asked if any were available with two queens. They had one. Easy check in. The room looked fantastic. Very clean, lots of windows. Great bathroom with a good size soaker tub and very large shower with rain head. The balcony is huge. There is no furniture on it. We stayed in 502, so it was a Northwest corner room. The firestation was right below us, but was not an issue. We could see Navy Pier between the buildings one direction, and Millennium Park in the other direction. The valet and door man were awesome. The valet ran down to get my wife's shoes out of our car. While he was doing that, the door man gave us some recommendations for breakfast. One preferred and two others in case the first was too busy. We went to Wildberries. Excellent food. We had lunch at the Purple Pig. Rediculously good. Overall great experience. I would definitely recomend if you want to walk to everything.

Room Tip: 502 is a northwest corner room with two queens. Right on top of the fire station.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had such a nice stay and that our location was perfect for your needs. I have shared your compliments with our valet and front door team and they were honored to have made a positive impact on your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.