5,353 results
All reviews millennium park basketball court outdoor pool business lounge running track filini restaurant wrap around balcony navy pier park view hardwood floors beautiful hotel corner room fire station rain shower third floor sliding door fitness center
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The location of the Radisson Blu in Chicago is outstanding. It is just around the corner from the most profitable hotel in town (the Hyatt Regency), across the street from the Fairmont and the terrific aria restaurant and there's an obvious reason for them to be where they are ... just a very short walk to Millennium Park (and the amazing Art Institute of Chicago), to Michigan Avenue, and a bit further to Navy Pier. In the middle of a hot summer, being close to everything makes a difference, and the Radisson Blu became a cool, pleasant oasis in the heat.

My room took a bit getting used to. The decor is ebony black, mirrors, the namesake aqua blue in the carpet, and glittering marble everywhere in the bathroom. (Yes, it really does glitter, casting light dots on the walls!) The bed was amazing comfortable, with crisp white sheets, lots of pillows and a fresh comforter. The bathroom was huge and impeccably clean. The door to the shower doubled as a sliding door to give the toilet some privacy. The soaps were top-notch (Anne Semonin), the towels fresh and plentiful, and there was plenty enough counter-space for my own toiletries. The shower smelled a bit moldy and the hot water took a little while to get warm, although these are very small concerns.

The concierge was excellent and offered several excellent recommendations (try Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe for breakfast - the Signature "Berry Bliss" Pancakes are outrageous ...
Buttery pancakes stuffed with blueberries & layered with mascarpone, topped with blackberries, strawberries, vanilla cream & a blackberry coulis), as well as taking deposits for the architecture tour. The front-desk staff were welcoming and efficient, although they need a better system for communicating between different shifts.

Definitely recommended. But, don't pay for an upgrade. I was assured at check-in that I had been upgraded, but was given the smallest room on the floor. My 'park view' room didn't have views of Millennium Park. And, I didn't get a balcony - this on an architectural masterpiece that is known for all its balconies!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank wombat18
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that our location was so perfect for your needs. I have shared your compliments with our concierge team! I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon; thanks again!

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel is excellent- great location could walk to many sights/shops, lovely hotel, great to be able to relax in pool area when staying in city especially in view of heat wave! Bar and restaurant firstclass couldnt fault it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am honored that you enjoyed your stay and had such a great experience at the hotel. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Centrally located and in walking distance to many desirable locations. Pool area is pleasent and has good views of the city.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you had a nice stay. I hope that we see you again soon; thanks again!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

This new hotel is gorgeous. Every room is with hardwood floors and modern bed and desk. The bathroom is beautiful. The hotel feel is very European. The fitness facility is outstanding, with plenty of equipment to use. Overall, the hotel us wonderful and staff is really nice as well

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cancunies
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you had such a nice stay and that you enjoyed our location and room design! We do actually have 2 different designs, one which features the hard wood and the other a vibrant carpet. I hope you like the other type equally as well! We look forward to seeing you again soon; thanks again!

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I loved staying at this hotel. I was there for a business trip - from check-in to departure, the staff were attentive, helpful and responsive. The rooms were clean and very chic decor, the toiletries were great quality and the location was very convenient for shopping.

I would definitely go back and stay again with family and plan to do so before the end of summer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a great time with us and that you plan to bring your family back this summer! I look forward to seeing you soon!