“Beautiful, clean, great location”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We loved our three-night stay at the Radisson Blu just steps away from Millennium Park and The Loop. Friendly staff, showstopper lobby, a luxury room with high-end everything (toiletries, gourmet in-room coffee and teas, towels, linens), rainfall showerhead, free bottled water in your room daily, free wi-fi, gloriously comfy bed, a large fitness center complete with sauna and steamroom. They even offer movie nights, group exercise classes, and a very fancy looking on-site bar and restaurant, though I didn't partake of those.

Staying here, you feel like you're living inside a luxury interior design magazine.

Easy walk to subway and L train stops, the theater district, great restaurants and shopping. Our room had a great view of Navy Pier. The entire hotel even smelled fantastic.

My only quibble, and it is a small one, is that because of the way the bathroom of our guest room was designed, you get only visual privacy in the bathroom, but no sound privacy. So it might not be the best choice for a brand new couple spending your first weekend away together if you know what I mean.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for the review! I couldn't be happier that you had such a great time a the hotel, and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! I have also shared your comments with our team and everyone was honored that you had such a wonderful visit. I hope we see you soon; thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We had a wonderful stay in Chicago. Extremely clean hardwood floor--corner room with balcony. Unbelievably quiet and comfortable. Best night sleep I've ever had in a hotel. Walking distance to many attractions. Was able to watch the fireworks from Navy Pier while sitting in the outdoor hot-tub. Friendly and helpful staff. Huge bathroom--wish I had the shower in my house!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that you had such a relaxing time and were able to watch the fireworks right from the deck! I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Extremely modern hotel with amazing views of parks and the lake! Balconies are truly unique and very nice to have in the summer. Pool is huge and has great deck chairs. I was most impressed with the bathrooms. Separate shower from the bathtub. The bathtub is 6-7 feet long and extremely deep - 3-4 feet. It was impossible not to take a bath in that luxury. The hotel is a few blocks away from the main attractions, but completely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable time at the hotel and that you were able to relax in our extra deep tub! Thanks again; I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Fab hotel. Located in excellent position.
Rooms of very high standard. Comfortable and well equiped, including free WIFI, i pod docking station and a coffee maker with lovely complimentary coffee. Very modern bathroom with lovely large shower.
Wonderful amenities located on the 3rd floor, large outdoor and indoor pools, hot tubs and running track.
However this is all a little spolit by the unfriendly and unwelcoming staff, offering little or no information on the hotel.
At one point the fire doors on the third floor were all locked.
Another time we found the main hotel door blocked off. No signage on how you leave the hotel or assitance was forecoming.
For two days we had to put up with someone doing maintenace around the outdoor pool area, with a machine making a noise I could only compare with a pneumatic drill.
The outside bar area was closed for two days as the sidewalk was being dug up.
The swimming pool towels is the hotels best kept secret .
Staff need a lot of customer care training. It is my thoughts that they do not care about the individual guess and prefer to concentrate on large parties and groups.
Would I use the hotel again? Doubtful.

Room Tip: You have no say in it. What you get is what you get.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that you experienced some issues on our end during your visit. I assure you I am addressing each of your concerns and am using your comments as a source of training for our team. We care about all of our guests and I cannot apologize enough that we did not do a better job of showing your this during your stay. I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to recoup your confidence in us again in the future. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to improve our operations and guest focus.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel during a 100 degree heat wave. We made excellent use of the outdoor pool. One of the best reasons to stay at this hotel is the outdoor amenities. There is a rooftop running track, a very large seating area, and a rooftop pool with plenty of chairs to lounge on. Seriously, relaxing by the pool surrounded by skyscrapers, with views of Millennium Park one way, and the lake the other- that was pretty cool. I had a "Naturally Cool" room which was gorgeous. They are not huge, but are set up well. The area the hotel is in is a little quieter at night than further North on Magnificent Mile, but we were looking to stay in a different area. The gym is humongous, and the best hotel gym we have ever seen. They were very generous with a late check out time. I plan on staying there again- particularly when it is warm out!

Room Tip: We had a "cheap view" room aka a good rate from Expedia. One of the hotel workers told me...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for leaving us a review! I am happy that you were able to enjoy our outdoor amenities in this heat wave! I hope that we see you back at the hotel again soon; thanks again!