“A must-do tour!”

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #14 of 171 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: If you're looking for a Chicago walking tour that is fun, inspiring and inexpensive, you are looking at the right place! I'm Margaret, 10-year veteran tour guide, comedian and your personal insider to this awesome city. My 20-year improv experience guarantees that you will get a tour that is entertaining, full of awesome stories and info and not your average scripted recitation. I work hard to make sure my facts are spot on and I promise you I've never given the same tour twice, each group has it's own personality. I keep my groups small and my ideas BIG. Check out my site for more tours and let me know if you have any questions about your trip to Chicago! (Oooh, you can do a private tour too! Just ask!)
Antioch, Illinois, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must-do tour!”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My daughter was visiting from out of state, and although we both grew up in northern Illinois, we've never spent much time in Chicago. I found this tour quite by chance and I am SO glad I did! We invited another friend to come with us on the Pedway tour and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed it! Margaret was funny and warm and very knowledgeable about Chicago's history and architecture, and we came away from the tour with a lot of information we'd never heard before! We're planning on doing the Red Light District tour in the summertime - I'm sure it will be a blast!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Angela S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Evansville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hidden Gem”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Excellent off the beat tour of Chicago with lots of facts and information the normal toueist would ever discover. Presentation is very professional and entertaining.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Doug B
Chicago, Illinois
“A great tour whether or life-long Chicagoan or a first-time visitor.”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Get ready to see Chicago they way only a native can show it. Margaret Hicks is funny, knowledgable, and she loves her city. If you're visting Chicago, this tour is great way to learn about the city in a short time. If you've a long-time resident then you'll probably see parts of the city you didn't even know existed. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Must-Do! Worth every penny and then some.”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We traveled with a group of seven friends to Chicago and arranged a private tour with Margaret. From the very second she might us in our hotel lobby, her energy and enthusiasm were obvious and they spread to all of us instantly. Smart, funny and completely in love with her city, Margaret is a gifted and engaging story-teller. There is nothing dry or boring about her Chicago! Our time with her was over too quickly and we all look forward to taking another tour with Chicago Elevated next time we are in the city.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Paul C
“Travel the Chicago pedway First Class with Chicago Elevated”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Chicago Elevated takes you on a unique and explorative tour of the pedestrian pedway. Margaret, your enthusiastic attentive guide escorts you through the underbelly of Chicagoland that is little known to many of its citizens. You witness a completely different perspective, new sights and sounds, delicious smells and best of all you will be educated and entertained by experiencing first hand the stories that helped shaped this amazing city.