“A must-do tour!”

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #8 of 195 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I'm Margaret and I'm so happy to be your tour guide in Chicago! This is the single most beautiful city and I can't wait to take you on a walking tour to prove it. I like walking tours because you can see, smell and be a part of the whole experience of Chicago. Plus, you never know what you're going to see! Whether you're looking for something a little quirky and off-the-beaten path like the Chicago Pedway tour, or you want to head outside and see all the best highlights with the best guide in the city, I'm the droid you're looking for. Ask me questions, I love them. Make a reservation, I love those too and let's get out and see this gorgeous city. PRIDE BABY!
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My daughter was visiting from out of state, and although we both grew up in northern Illinois, we've never spent much time in Chicago. I found this tour quite by chance and I am SO glad I did! We invited another friend to come with us on the Pedway tour and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed it! Margaret was funny and warm and very knowledgeable about Chicago's history and architecture, and we came away from the tour with a lot of information we'd never heard before! We're planning on doing the Red Light District tour in the summertime - I'm sure it will be a blast!

1  Thank Angela S
"informative tour"
in 8 reviews
"cultural center"
in 10 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews
in 5 reviews
"tours"
in 93 reviews

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Excellent off the beat tour of Chicago with lots of facts and information the normal toueist would ever discover. Presentation is very professional and entertaining.

1  Thank Doug B
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Get ready to see Chicago they way only a native can show it. Margaret Hicks is funny, knowledgable, and she loves her city. If you're visting Chicago, this tour is great way to learn about the city in a short time. If you've a long-time resident then you'll probably see parts of the city you didn't even know existed. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We traveled with a group of seven friends to Chicago and arranged a private tour with Margaret. From the very second she might us in our hotel lobby, her energy and enthusiasm were obvious and they spread to all of us instantly. Smart, funny and completely in love with her city, Margaret is a gifted and engaging story-teller. There is nothing dry or boring about her Chicago! Our time with her was over too quickly and we all look forward to taking another tour with Chicago Elevated next time we are in the city.

2  Thank Paul C
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Chicago Elevated takes you on a unique and explorative tour of the pedestrian pedway. Margaret, your enthusiastic attentive guide escorts you through the underbelly of Chicagoland that is little known to many of its citizens. You witness a completely different perspective, new sights and sounds, delicious smells and best of all you will be educated and entertained by experiencing first hand the stories that helped shaped this amazing city.