“hidden Gem”

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #16 of 186 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you're looking for a Chicago walking tour that is fun, inspiring and inexpensive, you are looking at the right place! I'm Margaret, 10-year veteran tour guide, comedian and your personal insider to this awesome city. My 20-year improv experience guarantees that you will get a tour that is entertaining, full of awesome stories and info and not your average scripted recitation. I work hard to make sure my facts are spot on and I promise you I've never given the same tour twice, each group has it's own personality. I keep my groups small and my ideas BIG. Check out my site for more tours and let me know if you have any questions about your trip to Chicago! (Oooh, you can do a private tour too! Just ask!)
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Excellent off the beat tour of Chicago with lots of facts and information the normal toueist would ever discover. Presentation is very professional and entertaining.

1  Thank Doug B

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Get ready to see Chicago they way only a native can show it. Margaret Hicks is funny, knowledgable, and she loves her city. If you're visting Chicago, this tour is great way to learn about the city in a short time. If you've a long-time resident then you'll probably see parts of the city you didn't even know existed. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We traveled with a group of seven friends to Chicago and arranged a private tour with Margaret. From the very second she might us in our hotel lobby, her energy and enthusiasm were obvious and they spread to all of us instantly. Smart, funny and completely in love with her city, Margaret is a gifted and engaging story-teller. There is nothing dry or boring about her Chicago! Our time with her was over too quickly and we all look forward to taking another tour with Chicago Elevated next time we are in the city.

2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Chicago Elevated takes you on a unique and explorative tour of the pedestrian pedway. Margaret, your enthusiastic attentive guide escorts you through the underbelly of Chicagoland that is little known to many of its citizens. You witness a completely different perspective, new sights and sounds, delicious smells and best of all you will be educated and entertained by experiencing first hand the stories that helped shaped this amazing city.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I've been a resident of Chicagoland since 1995 and used to work downtown from then until 2000, and only a couple months ago did I actually learn about the Pedway! What a treat it was to go on this journey with Margaret Hicks as our sherpa. She truly loves what she does and has big ambitions, and loves blending the in-person experiences with social media. This is something we would definitely do again, and that says a lot about not just the tour but the gal behind it. Check out my own video interview with her at the end of our tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegXNs0Ri6E