New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Lots of Fun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Running Tours-Chicago

City Running Tours-Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Our PERSONALIZED RUNNING TOURS are completely customizable to the day, time, distance and sights you want to see. Your personal running guide will pick you up from where you are staying, run at your pace, provide water and have a camera in case you feel like capturing the moment. At the completion of the run we will return you to where you are staying and you walk away with a souvenir goody bag.
Salt Lake City, Utah
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lots of Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I am so glad that my friend and I experienced the city through this running tour. Our guide (Marlin) was delightful and knowledgeable. We jogged about 4 miles in 2 hours, so it wasn't hard keeping up, and I learned a lot. Plus, the pictures he takes are free, so you get a lot for your money. Recommend for visitors of Chicago and residents!

Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Brilliant way to see Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

We were the only 2 people to be on this tour (january, Chicago, snow on the ground - so not hard to see why) but I'm so pleased we booked (and turned up!) We met Marlin at 7.15 at the Bean in the park and had such a great tour of the river and navy pier. Marlin is very knowledgable about the city and we learnt loads of things I haven't read in guidebooks. He's also v entertaining and he took photos of us running a bunch of times and emailed them to us afterwards. There were stops en route so we never got exhausted-we are quite practiced runners but i think it would work whatever level you were, it felt tailored to us. In fact next time I'd book a 10k, I enjoyed it so much. Definitely a Chicago must-do for anyone who does/can run or jog

west sussex uk
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Great Jog round Grant Park - If you get the chance - DO THIS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We really enjoyed this Running Tour, which we actually did on a beautiful Christmas Day morning.

You don't have to be a keen or expert runner to do this run - Marlin your guide will make sure that you have fun - we had a small group of mixed abilities, and everyone was catered for.

We did the 5K around Grant Park - stopping every few minutes for Marlin to tell us all some interesting information about the park,and to take photos. (Marlin also takes 'action' photos of you so you have a record of your run.)

In the summer, I am sure that there would be lots of other routes to run, seeing things that you don't see from a Tourbus or even on foot if you don't know where to look.

If you gett he chance whilst in Chicago - DO THIS TOUR! IT was one of the highlights of our 11 Day Midwest Tour.

Visited December 2011
Alba, Italy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a great way to start my birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I'm a big fan of Chicago, so for my Dec. 2011 birthday I decided to go to Chicago. A friend recommended City Running Tours, so I signed up for a 10 mile jaunt. It was just me (as a sometimes solo traveler it's great to find a company that does not require a min. of two people). Marlin was my tour guide and he met me in my hotel lobby. It was snowing so I was a bit nervous about the conditions -- would it be too cold for an enjoyable adventure? It was great. I got to learn so much about the city's history. And, after the run Marlin gave me a bag of goodies, including a running shirt, some shot blocks, food and coupons for area shopping. He also sent an email with a breakdown of our entire route and key peices of history -- since I couldn't write anything down on the run. I highly recommend this! Can't wait to try one of these in DC and NYC.

Tampa, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“If you are able to move quicker than a walk, then do this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This exceeded my expectations by far! I arrived thinking I was just going to jog and have a tour guide point some things out, but our guide made this the best possible experience and had us laughing and goofing off (while getting our 5k in) the whole time. I learned so much about the city even after living around here for years. I also felt like I got a work out in, and really, anyone who is able to walk quickly can do this tour since it's broken up into stops where we discussed Chicago and took silly pictures. After the tour, we promptly received an e-mail with a photo album of the experience, complete with funny captions. Today I just received an e-mail summary of what we learned. The tour guide is also an experience runner so you can ask him for running advice as well. This is hands down the best 5k experience I've ever had! Thank you!!

Visited December 2011