1,642 results
All reviewsthe financial districtthe executive loungebank buildingwillis towerthe loopsoaking tubseparate showerlobby barbeautiful hotelhuge bathroomunion stationart museumbeautiful lobbyluxury hotelking roombusiness meetingfitness center
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Located on Adams Street (financial district), th JW is wonderful. Friendly helpful staff. Rooms well appointed, comfortable, with everything a business traveler needs. The hotel is within walking distant but you must like to walk as it's not right on the mag mile.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Typical JW Marriott with clean, comfortable rooms and nice lobby with bar. We took the train from St. Louis for the Cards Cub series in July. It's an easy walk from Union Station to the Marriott even with luggage. The L is a few blocks away too for when you go to Wrigley. The only real complaint, and it is not the fault of the hotel, is that it is further south of all the restaurants and bars and shopping along Michigan Avenue. However, you are close to Millenium Park. I would stay here again if going to Cards Cub seris and taking train. Otherwise, I'd try and stay at one of the Marriotts north of here along Michigan Ave.

Room Tip: We had an interior room and it was fine. Since we are not in our room that much...we didn't need one with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My room was on the back of the building and I lost count of how many turns I needed to make to get to it. My room, on the interior, must have overlooked a air shaft; my windows were frosted so I couldn't see out the window. I prefer natural daylight, so that was a disappointment. Also, the room was small. There was a chair at the desk, but there was no room for a reading chair. The bathroom was large and had a very high soaking tub. It was wonderful - I was there for one night and had a record breaking three baths (sorry, Mr. Manager, I know guests like me wreck havoc on your water bill projections) and housekeeping was kind enough to give me extra bath wash.
The concierge (Sunday morning, 9/30) was a very knowledgeable, professional and cordial woman. She was able to immediately answer my frequent questions.
The food. I ordered room service lunch and it was NOT good at all. I specified the way I wanted my hamburger to be cooked (medium rare) and there was not a trace of pink in the meat. Unfortunately, I had requested a late checkout and it was close to the time to leave; otherwise, I would have complained.
The bed. I think Marriott hit a home run with the bed - not just here in Chicago, but throughout the brand. It was heavenly. Also, what a treat I had with the wake up call!! It was a real person, not a recording.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel was quiet with excellent service and comfortable rooms. Even the catered food for our business meetings was considerably above typical hotel standards. I found the staff to be very friendly. JW Marriott is good choice for your next stay in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This hotel is amazing. It's approximately a 30 min cab ride from O'Hare ($40 ride). Even though this hotel is located in the financial district, it's still nicely located. Approx a 30 min walk from the Magnificent Mile. The hotel is a little pricey but well worth it. The executive lounge is open from 6am to 10pm weekdays which is awesome. The hotel staff are amazing, especially Jose the doorman, Maria and Demetrius in the executive lounge. Our infant got sick during our trip and the staff kept asking us about how he was doing and even went as far as getting us info on the closest medical centre and even offered to get a doctor to attend the hotel. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Walls are thick so you can't hear from room to room. The rooms are a little on the smaller side, but very modern. I would definitely come back to this hotel and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family