“quiet rooms....when on business”

JW Marriott Chicago
Ranked #37 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ontario, Canada
“quiet rooms....when on business”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Rooms are spacious and bathroom was huge... very nice hotel for the business traveller when staying in downtown Chicago.
inner rooms had no view obviously ... but good hotel if you have a company rate...
quiet rooms that let you sleep ...

Room Tip: ask for room with view to the street...not courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We had a great stay! We were located just blocks from everything. Easy walking to the Wills Tower, Giordanos and the subway. Our last night, we had a nightcap at the lounge. Lisa was fabulous! Very friendly, knowledgable and personable. She made our last night great. Other team members should feed off of her. We sometimes walked into the hotel and the guys with suits wouldn't even say hello. It's just hello, gentlemen. All in all, everything was great. I recommend JW Marriott Chicago.

• Stayed July 2012
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I spent four nights at the JW Marriott to attend a conference, and color me unimpressed. I did not much care for my room - although quite a decent size about half the square footage is taken up by a very large bathroom, which is not an allocation of space that I find particularly appealing as I do not need the space I spend half an hour a day in to be so large. Also, the hotel floors are massive and only serviced by one set of elevator banks, and it took a bit of trudgery to get to my room each day - I might expect that at a Vegas casino but seemed unnecessarily inconvenient for a business hotel.

Finally, the doormen were quite brusque, there were always about four of them and they acted more like bouncers than hotel doormen.

To be clear, if you get the right room (e.g. not a kilometer from the elevators) and you spend a lot of time in the bathroom you may consider this a five star hotel. The bar and conference facilities are quite good and the overall quality is beyond reproach for a hotel of this type. But I did not greatly enjoy my stay here and I can only report what I experienced.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

I was at this hotel from June 7 - June 9, 2012 for a mini-vacation with a friend. The hotel was immaculate, the room was quiet, the staff extremely accommodating. The location was great for going to the Art Institute. The only disappointment was when I called guest services to report that the tv would not change channels, I was connected to tech support in another state where the tech person spent 15 minutes while I hung on as he tried to fix the set from his remote location. He was unsuccessful and as we left the room someone from the staff was already on his way up and it was fixed when we returned. It felt surreal to be in a lovely hotel on the phone with tech support. I would have thought that a hotel of this caliber would not place the burden of getting the tv fixed on the guest. Other than that, it is a great hotel and I would recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Chicago.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My wife and I were going to a wedding at the art institute and we needed a place to stay downtown. I tried a couple of starwood hotels but they were booked. We were able to get a room at JW Marriott it was only 4 blocks from the reception. When we checked in we were blown away. This place is stunning! The bathroom is huge! We did not have a view but we did not care that is how nice the room was. They must have great soundproofing because I did not hear a single sound come to think of it I never saw a maid cart or even seen an employee in the hallways. The wedding was great but to be honest I was counting the minutes to get back to the hotel! Checkout was great a very helpful Steven Ramirez helped me sign up for Marriott Rewards. I did go down to the workout room and pool that are connected to the spa and they were great! This might be the nicest hotel I was ever at. It is a short walk to the Blue line that we took home. I think I am going to start giving Marriott a chance over Starwood.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple