“Love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Chicago. We decided to try the hotel because of all of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel was offering a 10% discount through TripAdvisor. I went to make the reservation and had a question about the hotel, so I called Kimpton reservations. They could not have been more professional or helpful. During the course of that conversation, the reservation agent asked the purpose of our visit and I told her that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we checked-in, we were wished a happy anniversary and informed that we had been upgraded to a suite. Then, when we arrived in the room, we found champagne and strawberries with chocolate and a note from Mark, the concierge, wishing us a happy anniversary - amazing! The room was awesome - spacious, floor to ceiling windows, immaculate, beautiful! Everyone and everything in this hotel was top notch. My husband, who travels extensively for work and stays in hotels all over the country, was really impressed with this hotel and its attention to detail. The Hotel Palomar is located in a great area of Chicago - easy to get to everything. I highly recommend this hotel.
Thank you Hotel Palomar for making our anniversary stay so memorable!

1 Thank er6362
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Palomar for 4 days on our honeymoon. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this hotel is. From Tony the doorman to Jessica the conceirge. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. Conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. They sent champagne to the room our first night and every evening they filled our ice bucket, turned down our bed and chocolates on the pillows. The free coffee and tea every morning was a wonderful add on! They are always on the ball and helpful in every way. You can guarentee we will be back and we will be staying at the Palomar! Thank you for a wonderful honeymoon!

1 Thank indygirl40
sedona
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I could literally go on and on about this hotel. The accomodating staff; superior location; comfortable and spacious rooms. A+++.

I am from Chicago originally, and come back for business and family visits 2-3X a year. In the past 6 months, I have chosen to stay at the Palomar hotel 3 times because of the exceptional accomodations and GREAT customer service.

First, if you want something, anything, JUST ASK. The staff will do everything they can to accomodate you. Your comfort and enjoyment is truly their #1 priority. If only every hotel treated their customers in this manner. I am a Hilton, Marriott and Sheraton Rewards Member. However, when I travel to Chicago, I choose the Palomar and am now a proud Kimpton member!

In your room you will find a well stocked mini bar, with some of the best assortment of healthy foods and drinks I have yet to see in my travels. There is a bathrobe, slippers and large umbrella in the closet for guests to use. . . .and/or purchase if so desired. The Sable Restaurant is DELICIOUS! I am a fish eating vegetarian, and there are plenty of options available on the menu to choose from. And guess what? If you are not sure you will like the food/drink. . .the wait staff is so certain you will be satisfied, they offer you the opportunity to try it and if you don't like it, you can choose something else. WOW! What do you have to lose?!?!

I did not have to return anything. . . .by the way.

The hotel has a great work-out area, and is conveniently located within walking distance of the John Hancock Center and the Art Institute (IF you like a 20-30 minute walk!). We walked EVERYWHERE, including the Shedd Aquarium.

And you are one block from the Red Line, which you can take North of the Loop.

Many thanks to Mark, who is always SO helpful when we are looking for places to eat.

Also, if you do have a car, I recommend parking in the parking Garage on Grand 1 block away. You will save $10!

Seriously, look no further! Book this hotel. You won't be sorry!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have nice views and lots of windows.
3 Thank LoisSedona
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear LoisSedona:

Thank you so much for the detailed review you just posted. We truly appreciate it and are so glad you love staying with us. I agree about Mark, he is an awesoem concierge and always finds just the right spots!

We look forward to yoru return in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

I was born and raised In Chicago and this is one of my favorite places to stay for a night in the city. Perfect location right in the heart of river north walking distance to everything!! Beautiful room wonderful service. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2012
Dear Mamck27:

Thank you so much for the review you just left for us. We are so glad that as a local, you love spending sometime with us. That makes us very happy and we hope to continue making your visits special.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Conveniently located hotel in magnificient Mile ,Chicago. Nice rooms, great view from pool. For a few days in Chi - perfect choice. Very friendly staff, pleasant add-ons as wine hour and coffee in the morning. One thing to improve- breakfast. Maybe for Americans could be OK, but I'm from Europe and , well, it is not OK.

Stayed April 2012
Dear Magad:

Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are glad you had a pleasant time here and also we are sorry that the breakfast did not live up to your expectations. Although I am not clear what the difference is between an European and American expectation reagrding breakfast, we appreciate your feedback.

All the best and we hope to see you again in the future.