“Beautiful”

Ranked #14 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Plantation, Florida
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We checked in on Monday the 25th through Sunday the 1st, wonderful hotel. Rooms are comfortable, well maintained. Service was perfect. Our view was north, looking down Rush St. Close to some of the nicest shopping and great restaurants. No tipping policy was very unexpected. Concierge was extremely helpful in advice for restaurants as well as appointments for nail salons and such. No request was too difficult.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Muthrdawg
, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Muthrdawg,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago, especially in regards to our concierge and service team. The Waldorf Astoria Chicago’s philosophy of service is to assist without any expectations of receiving anything in return. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Tel: (312) 646-1300
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Juno Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I took my sister here for her birthday and it was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed the spa, the beds were comfy, the decor beautiful. The service was top notch. I ordered a risotto that was so over salted I could not eat it, the chef came out personally and insisted on making a new one, which was perfect. My only negative is we didn't spend enough time to thoroughly enjoy.

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

Before booking at this hotel you should realize that the WA accepts dogs into all of its rooms and according to the front desk staff about 35 percent of guests bring dogs. This meant our first room had a decidedly doggy smell and caused my daughter-who's mildly allergic to dogs-to sneeze. Management changed our room to one where they said there had not been a dog for a week and it was much better.

The rooms themselves are spacious and are nicely appointed in a conservative dark wood, Carrera marble way. We ate at the casual restaurant for lunch and the service was speedy and the club sandwich and lobster roll were distinctive and filling. The decor at the restaurant is showing some signs of wear, however, and needs some paint and carpet cleaning.

Cheers to the concierge who sent us on Saturday to Wicker Park for shopping with my teenage daughter. Perfect! Jeers to the condescending concierge on Friday night who tried to send us to California Pizza Kitchen for a light dinner.

Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. There were a lot of people checking in as my daughter and I were leaving Saturday. Most of these were couples and family groups, but we were also there for the arrival of a group that looked as if they might be conducting business in their hotel room. Be forewarned.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank S D
ElysianHotel, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear traveler from Hinsdale,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies with regards to the allergic reaction experienced by your daughter due to pet odor in the room. We do allow dogs at the hotel under 30 pounds and do have a deep cleaning process in place after a pet has departed to prevent such occurrences.

Your gracious comments with regards to our rooms and restaurant are appreciated, as is the feedback with regards to our concierges. Your feedback has been passed onto them.

I look forward to welcome you back to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago in the very near future,

Reviewed 1 July 2012

My only mistake was not staying here more than one night. During my wedding week, I wanted to have a few moments to myself and enjoy my city. I stayed in a one bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking the northside. The suite was spacious, and although it wasn't sprawling what it lacked was made up for in luxurious amenities. Check in was fast, and the guys were happy to collect all of my wedding supplies and cart them to and from the taxi. Everyone was welcoming and I was always greeted with a smile. I was married at a different hotel, and while my experience there was wonderful as well, it certainly paled in comparison to this property. C'est la vie.

Room Tip: Be mindful of the room descriptions.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank islandhunterraar
Dear islandhunterraar,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. First and foremost, allow me to wish you and your husband a wonderful life together! I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Even though I regret the fact that we did not host your wedding, it was such a great pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed at the Waldorf Chicago with my wife on a Friday and Saturday night in mid-June. This was a fantastic stay from being greeted at the door, requesting additional amenities for the room and the check out. Upon checking in I was greeted as a Diamond member and upgraded to a suite. There was a tv built into the mirror in the bathroom! The room was immaculate and the view was fantastic! (See pictures below)

I travel frequently for work and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The nightly turndown service was a nice touch. When you return to the room, the tv was on the hotel's personal station and the background music was so calming and relaxing.

Take advantage of the car service that will take you to any destination within a 2 mile radius of the hotel free of charge. The service only runs until 10pm, but this came in handy during our stay. The car is a Lexus LS, their flagship model and is quite comfortable.

We used the on site health club and the item that stood out the most was their steam room. Most 5 star hotels have a sauna (dry heat) but a steam room is very rare.

We plan on returning to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago in the winter. I look forward to having a reason to use the fireplace in the rooms.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know if you are celebrating an occasion. They are very accommodating
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Trueohioplaya
Dear Trueohioplaya,

Thank you so much for your gracious comments with regards to your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your room, with its unique amenities, the car service, and the fitness club. We will definitely be looking forward to your next visit during winter time. We hope to be able to make your next special special occasion more memorable!