All reviews gourmet breakfast two twin beds modern amenities kitchenette suite downtown closet
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I stayed for two nights and it was a fantastic experience--you really feel like you're just staying at a family home, but with all the privacy you need. Dave is a great guy and a seriously amazing cook, who will make you a perfect breakfast at absolutely any time (I ate at 6:45am one day and 9am the next), along with Kevin who will get you everything else.

The rooms are a bit on the older side but incredibly spacious and comfy, and they have everything you need.

Most importantly, their dog Bonnie is the best girl in the world (don't worry--you won't see her if you don't want to, but if you're not allergic, please do). I hope Kevin will give her some hugs and pats from me.

PS -- Get the creme brulée french toast at least once. Please.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ramzi A
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Great B&B in a cool Chicago neighborhood! The room was clean, cozy, roomy, comfy beds. Toasty warm, which is important in the winter. The breakfast was bountiful and yummy. I felt very at home here! It's a great place to stay if you want to be in a neighborhood and get a feel for your surroundings. The parking lot a couple doors down is convenient, and it's close to the CTA. Easy to get to once you're off the highway. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmldash10
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Dave has created an oasis in the city.
Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast is warm, comfortable, and quiet.
My husband and I enjoyed delicious omelettes, and creme brûlée french toast with fresh fruit for breakfast right downstairs. And here is where I put a shout out to Kevin's coffee.

I almost hate to share how very very nice this place is because it should be a secret only my most favorite friends and I get to enjoy.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

The rooms are older but have a coziness about them. They aren't cleaned during your stay, which is fine but fresh towels, ect would be nice. The air conditioner was window units which is okay, but the one in our room didn't cool off the room very well. The best part of the place is the Polo Cafe itself. The food overall is great and the Creme Brûlée is luscious! Parking is close and gated.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank teintackett
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Fantastic attentive staff, it’s like staying at a good old friend’s house who is also a first class chef.

The owner is always around to meet and greet you, they offer rides to the train station. They were nice enough to let us have a VERY late check out since they didn’t need the room and our plane was leaving late.

By far the highlight is the breakfast! Witch is simply amazing and a la carte.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple