“Great Service & Ultra Convenient to the Airport”

Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #141 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had a one night stay in transit from Austin to Shanghai and so was looking for something simple, convenient and moderately priced and this hotel hit all three. The rooms were well sized and the bed was comfortable and the room quiet with effective air conditioning. The service at both check in and check out was efficient and very helpful. For a one night charge of 114 USD plus taxes they throw in a breakfast voucher, free internet and a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. And this was for a room with a King Size Bed. If you are in transit it is a good option.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have stayed here several times and it continues to be a dissapointment. Due to company travel this is where we always end up staying. This hotel is in bad need of maintenance and updates. The staff is adequate but not very helpful or understanding of the problems travellers encounter at this place. Keys do not work, toilets overflow, rooms are booked for other guests that try and enter your room when you are there. The last time I was there bith business center computers were out of order, as well as both treadmills and the clothes dryer. Free parking and a great restaurant and bar are the only positive items I can comment on.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

TRC70,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Nice Hotel for the price,nice clean rooms. Convenient shuttle to get to the airport and ride the train to the city.

Room Tip: They have rooms with two queen beds in separate rooms which is great for two couples.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2012

By all accounts, this property could easily be 3 stars, if not 3 stars plus, given it's pedigree. Holiday Inn is not a terribly shabby company, but I'm not expecting a Four Seasons or Marriott or even a Courtyard Marriott.

However, despite my lowered expectations, I was disappointed. Honestly, if they could just fix some simple things, they would easily exceed 3 stars.

Problems:

1) Shuttle took over an HOUR, not 10 minutes.
Upon arrival at the airport, I called the hotel and they said a shuttle would be outside to pick me up at 9:00pm. At 8:50pm I stood outside in the below-freezing cold. No problem, really. Until 9:05 came around, and no van. 9:10pm. I call the hotel again. "He'll be there in 10 minutes." OK, the chill is setting in, whatever, still no problem. I travel enough to know this happens. 9:30 now. Ok, this is getting ridiculous. 9:40pm. 9:50pm. Finally, the shuttle rolls around at 9:55pm to pick what is now a large group of people. So he couldn't fit everyone and had to leave some who had been waiting almost as long as I had.

2) No one answers Room Service.
I call for Room Service. No answer. I dial the extension and also push the 'room service button' on the phone. Rings 20 times, no answer. It is 9:30pm, but they are apparently open until 1am. I call front desk, and he says 'I'll call you back in 2 minutes, take your order, and walk it over to them.' WOW. I thought things are looking up for this hotel. Except... no call back. 10 minutes go by, I try dialing room service again, and still it just rings and rings. I call hotel operator and they say they can't help me, and just connect me to the room service line that rings and rings.

I give up.

3) Wake up call never comes despite request.
I ask for a wake up call at 4:00am. (but I set my alarm on my phone just in case)... my phone wakes me up just before 4:00am... and I never get awake up call. Good thing I set my phone.

I unfortunately cannot speak to its amenities.

Some positives:
I CAN tell you that check in and check out were quick and pleasant, and the bed was comfortable. The place was clean (not new, but clean) and sanitary (unlike other small hotel chains). Free wifi, which was very nice.

So really, aside from some serious service issues, this hotel is okay. I was only here overnight because of an overnight layover, but if I had to do it again, staying here makes me want to just pay a few dollars extra and head to the Grand Hyatt O'Hare.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JLM2009
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed here prior to a flight out the following morning, and also because we could leave the car here free of charge for up to 14 days. I wasn't expecting much, as the price was very reasonable, but was more than pleasantly surprised at the entire experience. The room was great--extremely clean and comfortable...the general condition of the hotel was excellent, and the restaurant was a Bar Louie which we totally enjoyed. We were able to park the car under shelter and the shuttle service to and from the airport was excellent. Will definitely use this hotel again if we need to drive to Chicago for a flight. Oh, and the staff was helpful and cheerful. A very positive experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#109 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK