Lowest prices for your stay
$251
$236
Expedia.com$263
Travelocity$263
Lol.travel$272
All reviews convention center front desk diamond member rooftop restaurant great hotel valet parking highly recommend this hotel top floor lobby area stay there again enjoyed my stay corner room upon check hgi starbucks key housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2021

You may need to pin up the curtains if the window washers are on-site. Great hotel and staff. I would definitely stay here on my next visit. The manager was very professional and helpful. He was ready to listen and solutions oriented. I really appreciated his willingness to resolve guest issues.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

I have been to Chicago before but never stayed in the city. This location was very convenient to work and pretty affordable, seemed ideal…

Drove to the site which is really nice. It is a little confusing as it is actual 3 hotels combined in one building but not too hard to figure out. Valet parking out front which I should have used but I like being able to go in and out as I please and don’t like paying extra.

There was a parking lot behind the hotel but no indication that it was associated with the hotel. In fact the entrance was coned off, apparently to keep people from driving around the gate? But it made me believe that it wasn’t available so I saw a sign on the corner that said “parking” I followed it and drove a couple of blocks to McCormack Center parking but looked at how far it was and thought “this can’t be right”

So I called the hotel and they informed me that the parking lot behind the hotel was indeed the right one and I should drive past the cones. Unfortunately the McCormack place parking was not staffed by any humans and Robo-charged me $25 for the 3 minutes I was inside… a bad start to the trip.

But okay I went and parked in the right lot, right in front of an abandoned factory, very reassuring. This was the same lot that the valets used and it never appeared to have any security. I would have been very scared to park my own car there. But as I had a rental I figured insurance would cover. And it was $42 a day for parking…

So going inside I wasn’t feeling great. The hotel interior was very nice though. Checked in without any grief. But the lady at the counter said “we have breakfast which isn’t free, but due to your elite Hilton status you will get a $10 credit per day”. Weird, but ok. I also got the customary two bottles of water.

Room was nice, nothing special and the view was facing that same abandoned factory. Would have been nice to get an upgrade as I am a Platinum Honors member but tbh I have given up on that. It virtually never happens.

No maid service for the week I stayed there but that appears to be the way hotels run now. It was okay I take pretty good care of it rooms. Went to breakfast the first day. It was a pre-set price of $18.95, which was an interesting contrast to the $10 credit, felt very nickel and dime to me. But it was pretty good and the young guy who served me was friendly.

Overall besides that the stay was pretty good. Because of how much I was working I didn’t get to sleep much or have breakfast any other day. Though I did try to take advantage of my food credit another day by hitting up the market, which was well stocked and had an automatic machine to charge it to your room. Convenient.

Last morning I got an email receipt for my stay which is also convenient. Checked it as I was heading to the airport and saw that I received no credit for the food purchases on either day. Can’t say I was super surprised. I should have checked when I was there.

Overall, if you read this then try to stay somewhere else. I can’t say you won’t be nickel and dimed to death at another place but I can say that if a frequent guest like me isn’t taken care of, you likely won’t be either.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else… but if you do stay here park in the back never mind the cones. And anything the front desk promises you don’t believe!
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank frodolives11954
Reviewed 10 August 2021

We came for a concert on Northerly Island. It was a nice walk to the venue and always felt safe. The location is nice if you want to be close to the lake and some dining and activities, but be away from the main business and tourist areas. Very comfortable room and bed. Bathroom was smaller, but very nice. Front desk staff were wonderful!

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Very welcoming, near great restaurants, staff was very helpful I called to lobby 5 times with a question. They had no bad attitudes. I felt safe you only can get upstairs with a key card on elevator I loved that! Great hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2021

My stay there was wonderful I do it again the staff was wonderful and nice pleasant attitudes great smiles the staff is the reason why I will be coming back they deserve a raise and a thank you from management they the reason people are coming back to that hotel and the different ethnic groups of people working for that company wonderful that is a great company they give people like me a chance to experience what high life feel like for a moment thank you for that