“Great atmosphere ”

Pizano's Pizza and Pasta
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizano's Pizza and Pasta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,682 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: South Loop
Neighbourhood: South Loop
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had just gotten in from a long travel day and the staff was so nice. Thus was a first trip to Chicago for most of us so we had to try Chicago style pizza and it was wonderful. The staff was so accommodating. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Thank S. H

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pizano's has Chicago style and regular pizza as well as salads and other Italian dishes plus a full bar. Food is great, atmosphere is relaxed and fun (especially if you are a Chicago sports team fan), Manager Joe is awesome, and waitstaff is friendly and helpful. Prices are midrange and everybody seems to enjoy eating there - families, groups, children, and even CPD!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I think the over-stated reviews influenced my rating, but really - this was just average pizza. The sauce was very good, as was the cheezy garlic bread. But there was so much cheese on the pizza, and very little pepperoni, that you could hardly taste it. This was the thin crust, not their thick crust.

I would try again, but with lower expectations. Very close to convention center and hotels.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We ate there two nights in a row while staying at The Marriott for a volleyball tournament. We tried to bring the whole team (about 30 w/ parents), but they refused to divide the tickets so only about six of us went. That probably cost them a couple hundred dollars, because they weren’t busy. The manager was rude and direct. Refused to allow kids to sit away from adults. The meat lovers deep dish was very good, but the crust was subpar. Good selection of beers on tap and a good environment. Service was slow.

The second night we noticed a concert at Wintrust Arena. There were plenty of tables though we sat at the bar. We ordered Hot Mama’s Pasta, Pasta Vodka A “La” Strauss, and some wings as an appetizer. All the food came out at once. The Pasta Vodka was excellent. No bread, though it came with the dinner. Again, service was poor. They got substantially busier when the concert let out. We had to ask twice and wait over 15mins for refills and bread. When I questioned the manager he complained they were busy then confronted me by saying I’d snapped my fingers at him when I hadn’t. The bartender did comp a beer. The same manager got into a verbal altercation with another customer within minutes. Staff later said they had let several people leave earlier in the night when they shouldn’t have leaving them short staffed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just had dinner here on quick visit, ordered our meals and when it came we asked for our bread. What's a italian dinner without bread, when we asked the waitress where's the bread that came with dinner, she has a smart remark and tells us no bread, no butter we ran out 3 hours ago, and she did it with attitude. Needless to say when I got the bill, no bread, no butter, no tip. Will never go back and will never recommend.