“Just what I expected from an airport hotel”

Ranked #116 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Maine
“Just what I expected from an airport hotel”
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

This Hilton is a business travelers hotel, or maybe for vacationers needing a room flying in from overseas. Stayed here when my flight was cancelled. The first room rate I was given was very high but I was able to get a better rate after almost begging. I am an Hilton honors diamond member, once the person at the desk found this out I was given a nicer room along with all the perks my HH status get me. The room was just a room, nothing fancy, it is a place to shower and sleep, so don't expect more than that. It is high priced but the convenience to the airport makes it worth it.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank TheWanders
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We value your loyalty to Hilton as a Diamond HHonors member and though we strive to be more than just an airport hotel, we are glad that our convenient location on airport grounds met your needs when your flight was cancelled.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Anna Falco
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Spent one night at the Hilton O'Hare returning from Amsterdam. The hotel was expensive so I expected more than I got. Shuttle service from the airport was a disaster after almost 9 hours of flying. Have to say returning to airport from the hotel was good. My room was a little tired, A little rough around the edges, so to speak. Dinner is dining room left a lot to be desired. My constructive criticism (I was a restaurant reviewer in days gone by) went un-noticed. My waiter couldn't have cared less that my dinner was not very good. He almost agreed but...I'm a Hilton guest a lot and am usually more than pleased with my stays. This one left a lot to be desired. Hilton owes me one. When I made my reservation, I was told there was an Executive Lounge, but there was not Yes, Hilton owes me one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank andrew d
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Please accept or sincere apologies for the disappointing stay you had here at our hotel. Your comments are being shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken to make improvements. We continually strive to make every effort to ensure for our guests' satisfaction, both in our product and in the services we provide and we are sorry if we let you down.

This particular hotel does not have an Executive Lounge. We are sorry that this was not communicated properly to you when making your reservations. Our on-site reservations are completely aware of this and our website does not advertise that we have an Executive Lounge. I will contact you directly to see how you made your reservations so that we can address the oversight accordingly.

We value your loyal patronage to Hilton Hotels, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better here in the future.

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Travellers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The Hilton Chicago O'Hare is only for business people that can write off the expensive rooms that are at the end of the day, nothing special. The room was nice enough, the pillows were not the best quality. I expected better quality pillows, especially from a Hilton. I got a "deal" on priceline, so I thought, I mean the parking was outrageous for this location. $48 bucks for unlimited valet service (don't forget the tips no doubt). My $82 dollar room was suddenly a $130 upsell by the staff. I was leaving Chicago early the next day, so I used the airport lot which ran me $19 dollars. Still pricey, but the upsell for the extra thirty was not appreciated and left a sour taste in my mouth. Unless you are flying out of O'Hare and work is paying for it, I'd recommend looking elsewhere because you are paying through the nose for service that really isn't worth its cost.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tdsuperstar
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Please accept our apologies for not being satisfied with the pillows in your guest room and for not being aware of the valet overnight parking charge prior to your visit. Our hotel parking rates are reflected on our website, however, guests are free to self park in the general airport parking garage at their will. Our hotel has a unique location directly on airport grounds. We have a limited amount of parking spots directly in front of our hotel and a designated amount of spots in the airport parking garage allotted for our valet which we lease from the City of Chicago. We have hourly rates and overnight guest and non-guest rates for our valet parking. Again, we are very sorry for any poor impression you received due to the parking situation and for not being completely happy with your accommodations. We strive to go above and beyond to make our guests comfortable and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Room was adequate but noisy and not well cleaned. Used coffee filter still in coffee maker; very easy to hear people in the hallway and doors opening and closing. Did not help to be put across from the service elevator and maintenance closet, both of which were in use all night. $15 fitness center charge and fitness center is in the LL--no windows. Location is obviously convenient but that would be the only reason I would stay here again. Meeting room was fine but they were doing some type of construction so it sounded like dental drilling for about an hour.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put near the elevators/service closets!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the comments you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are disappointed to learn about the condition of your guest room and for the inconvenience caused by being near the service elevator and maintenance closet. Be assured that we are sharing your comments with the appropriate members of our team so that corrective action is taken.

Our Fitness Center is located on the lower level of the hotel, however, the entire frontal area is englassed to the hallway, giving it a more open feel. It is a full service health club and there is a charge to use it, however, that charge is waived for all Hilton HHonors Diamond, Gold and Silver members.

We also apologize for the drilling noise you experienced during your meeting. This is an isolated incident and due to the constructing of a sundry shop which is being placed in our lobby to better service our guests.

We strive to maintain the high standards for which Hilton is known and we are sorry if we fell short of your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice with family on returns from chicago back home.
The little restaurant inside this hotel is a great place to eat, lovely food and friendly staff.
Although this hotel is situated right on the airport, it was not noisy.
Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Thank you for your high ratings and nice comments which you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad that you've been satisfied with your stays and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Anna Falco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#108 of 190 in Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK