Ohio House Motel
The Peninsula
US$ 626
US$ 599
  • Restaurant
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 705
US$ 817
US$ 592
US$ 558
  • Fitness centre
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$ 638
US$ 593
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationdowntown chicagowithin walking distancerainforest caferoom was cleanfridge and microwavefree breakfastthe loopnavy pierthe magnificent milefew blocksenjoyed my stayblue linemichigan avenueleghornlodgingrates
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night for our annual Christmas getaway. For the money, you can't ask for more. Parking is free and the lot is fenced. There is always someone at the front desk, which overlooks the parking lot. It's within walking distance to the loop and Michigan Ave. There have been some recent updates such a tile in the bathroom and carpet. According to the front desk, more updates are scheduled. The bed was comfortable and the room spacious enough. Everything was clean. I don't need expensive accomodations just for sleeping. We also had breakfast at the cafe. It was good and inexpensvie and it was like stepping back into 1960. If you just need a place to sleep, this is a great little motel.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank indianatraveler57
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to share a bit about your experience here at The Ohio House Motel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Chicago, and that your guest room was a comfortable place for you to relax and refresh. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2011

My family and I stayed there This weekend....If u want good service ohio house is not the place to go my husband stood outside in 35 degree wheather waiting to get service there was noone at front desk for atleast 5hours but their suppose to be open 24hours, for anyone who dont know chicago is very cold at this time of year, we vacate here every year but you have got to believe we will not be back next year..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank stephenie H
lmanager, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Thank you for choosing The Ohio House Motel during your recent stay in Chicago and informing us of your concerns during your stay. Our Front office IS available 24 hours to serve you, however the person was at that time assisting another guest. We apologize for any inconvienance.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

nice little hotel , best location. rooms are little outdated but for the price, you can't beat it. close to most attractions and very reasonable. Only thing, the internet signal very weak. After connectiong to internet, you would loose signal in minute or so. but as far as rest. good , cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shahpour t

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I assure you that this has been addressed by proper management. We truly appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 29 October 2011

I was extremely skeptical staying here, The price seemed too good to be true. Upon arrival I was none too impressed with the courteousness of the staff as they were very curt and short. There was free parking available which started me to being warmed up. The room was semi large, about as big as I have gotten in downtown Chicago for twice the price, and the bathroom was the same. They have recently remodeled which was basically new carpet, paint and wallpaper. The furnishings are hysterically old as evidenced by the nightstand which at one time was a two way radio to the front desk and a "magic fingers" massage control. Also, the bathroom fixtures were rusted and decayed like a wrecked ships hull.
That being said, the bed was super comfy (free of bed bugs too as I always check), I felt safe in the room and I slept well.
The linens are sub par but adequate and the room was adequately clean.
There were a few drunks yelling at 4am and some other noise from the street but really, for what we paid in this area I was very pleased. We felt safe, it was clean and the bed was comfy.
I often travel on the cheap as I rarely spend much time in the room. I would stay here again. If you require an upscale hotel dont stay here. If you only need a clean safe place to stay and a reasonable rate go ahead. I will stay here again knowing what to expect.
Word of caution, there is no AC, if its warm it could be a problem. The room was extremely warm in October without the heat on. The price is right and its not a flea bag Motel, although it gives that impression at first.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PHXTrainer

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. As a rule, our housekeeping department is extremely diligent in making sure that our guest rooms are absolutely clean and fresh.
I will review your comments with our executive housekeeper, and reinforce our policies regarding room cleanliness and attention to detail.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed here whilst participating in the marathon, my first time in Chicago and picked this motel after reading the earlier reviews. All I can say is you will not find a cleaner, cheaper and more charming motel in Chicago. The price was exceptional when you take into account the location and free parking. The reception staff could not have been more helpful, the attached diner served good and reasonably priced food and the rooms had everything you needed for a short break. Yes, there are better hotels in the city but you will pay for them and if you are looking for a safe affordable room to sleep after a day of sightseeing or shopping I cannot recommend the Ohio House Motel enough. I would pick this place every time I returned to the city..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Neal P

Thank you for your excellent review of The Ohio House Motel! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that it will be passed along to the appropriate departments. Please come back and see us again sometime!