“vacation”
Review of Ohio House Motel

Ohio House Motel
Ranked #130 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 2 November 2011

nice little hotel , best location. rooms are little outdated but for the price, you can't beat it. close to most attractions and very reasonable. Only thing, the internet signal very weak. After connectiong to internet, you would loose signal in minute or so. but as far as rest. good , cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shahpour t
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I assure you that this has been addressed by proper management. We truly appreciate your feedback!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

I was extremely skeptical staying here, The price seemed too good to be true. Upon arrival I was none too impressed with the courteousness of the staff as they were very curt and short. There was free parking available which started me to being warmed up. The room was semi large, about as big as I have gotten in downtown Chicago for twice the price, and the bathroom was the same. They have recently remodeled which was basically new carpet, paint and wallpaper. The furnishings are hysterically old as evidenced by the nightstand which at one time was a two way radio to the front desk and a "magic fingers" massage control. Also, the bathroom fixtures were rusted and decayed like a wrecked ships hull.
That being said, the bed was super comfy (free of bed bugs too as I always check), I felt safe in the room and I slept well.
The linens are sub par but adequate and the room was adequately clean.
There were a few drunks yelling at 4am and some other noise from the street but really, for what we paid in this area I was very pleased. We felt safe, it was clean and the bed was comfy.
I often travel on the cheap as I rarely spend much time in the room. I would stay here again. If you require an upscale hotel dont stay here. If you only need a clean safe place to stay and a reasonable rate go ahead. I will stay here again knowing what to expect.
Word of caution, there is no AC, if its warm it could be a problem. The room was extremely warm in October without the heat on. The price is right and its not a flea bag Motel, although it gives that impression at first.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PHXTrainer

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. As a rule, our housekeeping department is extremely diligent in making sure that our guest rooms are absolutely clean and fresh.
I will review your comments with our executive housekeeper, and reinforce our policies regarding room cleanliness and attention to detail.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed here whilst participating in the marathon, my first time in Chicago and picked this motel after reading the earlier reviews. All I can say is you will not find a cleaner, cheaper and more charming motel in Chicago. The price was exceptional when you take into account the location and free parking. The reception staff could not have been more helpful, the attached diner served good and reasonably priced food and the rooms had everything you needed for a short break. Yes, there are better hotels in the city but you will pay for them and if you are looking for a safe affordable room to sleep after a day of sightseeing or shopping I cannot recommend the Ohio House Motel enough. I would pick this place every time I returned to the city..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Neal P

Thank you for your excellent review of The Ohio House Motel! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that it will be passed along to the appropriate departments. Please come back and see us again sometime!

Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I went to a wedding in Chicago and the bride booked a block of rooms there for her guests that wanted to spend the night. The place was charming...they just remodeled the rooms so everything was clean and fresh. The front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was very reasonable for being in Chicago and right in the middle of all the tourist attractions. But the best part was FREE parking! That is very unusual for the city and probably saved us at least $30.00. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ChiTownJoJo

Reviewed 7 October 2011

The hotel really is a motel (as the name indicate). It’s a two story building with a parking lot an a small reception/office. But the rooms are clean and comfortable and its close to "everything" (Magnificent mile, lots of restaurants, the CTA etc.). I stayed for a couple of night i single queen room and then in a double king room. The latter had a coffee maker and a micro wave. No fridge in the rooms but apparently there is a ice machine in the reception(?). The free parking is a barging if you come by car (an it's fairly easy to get to the hotel). The Ohio House Coffe shop is right on the corner, but I preffered other places for breakfest like Eggsperince (Ontario and Dearborne) or Tempo Cafe (Chestnut and State).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank MsBellarosa
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Thank you so much for your review of The Ohio House Motel. It sounds like you really enjoyed our neighborhood and took advantage of all that it had to offer! You really can walk to everything from here. I hope that you enjoyed your time here in Chicago, and that we can welcome you back sometime soon.