“Truly delicious”

Ranked #602 of 10,213 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We got the tempura broccoli and lemons, fry bread, hominy aguachile, charred summer squash, butter dumplings, and the coconut ash maltagliati. Wow, everything was incredible. I can't even recommend one specific dish over another, because they were all just fantastic. Our server was excellent as well, she brought out our dishes in the order that would make most sense for the palate (acidic or spicy flavors first, afterwards the richer dishes). I highly recommend a stop here, the food is delicious, and the ambiance is very cool without being pretentious. There's plants everywhere, which we really enjoyed.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stopped in for my birthday dinner a few weeks ago, as I had wanted to check this place out for months.
We were able to get a reservation the day off, and were seated as soon as we arrived. Service was awesome, very attuned and helpful.
We ordered 5 dishes + the amazing sourdough bread between us and it was a great amount of food. You don't have to be vegan or vegetarian to enjoy this place there is something for everyone.
100% will return and bring friends. I can't say enough good things!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Outstanding food, unique and mouth watering, flavors all around.

We had a unique circle of friends that had very unique dietary restrictions. Bad Hunter happened to accommodate them all. We had folks that had dietary interests which included:
-vegetarian
-gluten free
-meat
-vegan

Bad Hunter has two set of menus, one for vegetarian (which includes vegan and gluten free options as well) and a regular one that had same type dishes with meat and/or other ingredients.

Everyone enjoyed the dinner across the board, including desserts. Go for it, you will love it.

The drinks are good, but need more work, particularly the wine selection- in my opinion. The food is perfect though.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

A bright and open restaurant with a fun and attentive staff. I am not a Vegan so I needed a lot of help with the menu and I got all my crazy questions answered all night. The food was fun, different and good!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Waiter was very good at welcoming us, describing the menu (which is mostly small plates of vegetables so be prepared for that) and getting our order. However we've been left for about 45min after the plates arrived - not a single "is everything okay" or "do you want another round of drinks". Nor anyone took the plates off of or table for a long time. That was pretty annoying and we made our voices heard to the hostess and got a sorbet for free (nice but we don't eat sorbet!).

The service was similar to what you would have in a cafeteria.

That was a disappointing experience unfortunately but this place is nonetheless quite nice and I would recommend it to those who love veggie centric food, hoping that the service gets better.

1  Thank Pierre T