“Awesome hot dogs!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Portillo's has wonderful hot dogs and burgers. The prices were low, but the quality and atmosphere were excellent. We will return again!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Portillo's

Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Great price, atmosphere, employees, and hot dogs...including the desserts. Being from Texas ...this was one of the few places we ate with a warm welcome ...kudos to your staff.

Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Excellent hot dog & cheesy fries. Great service & surroundings. Would recommend.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This place is very cute inside. There are multiple lines for the different types of food you can order. I had a hot dog and french fries and I just absolutely loved my crinkle fries. I also had the frozen custard, which was amazing. I also tasted the italian beef sandwich, which I wished I would've order because it was very tasty but spicy.

It was very affordable and had a nice atmosphere. I could and did see a lot of families eating here. Definitely would recommend.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Some of us had jumbo hot dogs and some had chili cheese dogs. It is a neat place. They put thru orders very fast. We were number 68 and by the time we were done eating, they were calling numbers over 200. Food was excellent and large portions for a very inexpensive price. French fries were also excellent, as they were piping hot. The small malt is equivalent to a large malt at a fast food place. Great sundaes also.