“Great food”
Review of Friends Sushi

Friends Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Friends Sushi is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 10,948 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Superior
Transit: Red line: State and Chicago
Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

We were in town for our first trip and a friend recommended this place. The food was good and we had very quick service. My husband doesn’t love sushi, so he ordered steak and chicken with rice, but they said they couldn’t add one to the other. We do this all the time at our restaurant back home. So here, we paid an extra 15$ for my husband to get chicken. Not a huge deal, just an inconvenience.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 9 February 2019

Some of the most interesting and tasty sushi I've ever had. We had Friends, Crazy Winter and Can you Handle It. The Can You Handle It was definitely spicy (faces turned red and a little sweaty) but we handled it & ate the whole thing because it was so good. Service was prompt and attentive without being overly so. Decor was kind 60s funky. And who doesn't like a TV in the bathroom? ;-)

Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

My son graduated from Navy bootcamp and was craving sushi on a day trip into Chicago. We accidentally found this place on Trip Advisor......it’s fantastic!!!! Every single rolls we ordered was DELICIOUS!!!! And the service is even BETTER!!!!

Reviewed 23 January 2019

It was our last night in Chicago and my husband and I had been eating our way around the city. I found this little place close to our hotel and we decided to give it a try. Loved it! There was definitely something for everyone, even picky sushi eaters - I even stepped out of my comfort zone a little. Yes, the tables are kind of on top of each other, but it doesn't necessarily feel like it. It just feels like you're in a buzzy, interesting place. Loved it!

Reviewed 24 December 2018

Its a nice place for trying sushi , delicious food, excellent service ..The place is not spacious but its comfortable and good atmosphere..You get nice rolls too here so i recommend you all to check out this place

Date of visit: October 2018