“Food typical/old fashioned atmosphere”
Review of Ohio House Coffee Shop - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ohio House Coffee Shop
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 26 August 2012

As this was super closer to our hotel during our Chicago vacation, hubby and I decided to eat here for breakfast while the kids went to the nearby McDonald's. This is a teeny tiny mini little coffee shop that has a few tables, a counter, and appears to do a busy breakfast business. We had a typical diner/greasy food breakfast ... served quickly with a smile. Food was absolutely typical diner breakfast, nothing great. Coffee was replenished on time and was hot. One server could handle the place, and the cooks are in full view behind the counter. Looks like something from about 50 years ago ... it's probably been around that long. Nothing fancy at all, but therein lies the charm. I expect we'll stay at the same hotel on our next trip to Chicago, and we will return for breakfast once again.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Me and my girl had the duces wild and it was so delicious. The price was just right and the waitress was friendly. If you are on a diet, this might not be your place but if you just want a quick meal and coffee, then come here.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Walked here from our hotel for breakfast as we were looking for a good deal. I would have given the breakfast a much better rating, but it was obvious that the bacon and sausage was made about an hour before we got there. The eggs and pancakes were good…the coffee was hot. Remember…bring cash. They don’t accept credit cards or checks (does anyone still use checks?)!!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Our last morning in Chicago and we thought we'd try the little coffee shop across the street from our hotel. Had the usual sausage and eggs with pancakes instead of toast and hash browns. The food was fine, the waitress pleasant and the morning lovely. My only complaint was that they did not serve american fried potatoes. Price was about what I would pay in my little home town.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We had the duces wild special. For Chicago, you can't beat the price. Nice people, good service.