2,171 results
All reviewsprinter's rowmeli cafeprinters rowthe looptwo sinkswithin walking distancegrant parkblue lineattached restaurantstreet noisebrick wallbuckingham fountainsears towerroom was spaciousfront desk staffwalk in showerpublic transportation
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights and had a great stay. The room was large, clean and had all the amenities you need (sitting area and table, desk, fridge, inroom safe, iron, coffee maker etc.)

Front desk staff were great and the room was cleaned well everyday. Also the price we paid was really good for a major city downtown, so the value was excellent.

The location was fantastic for access to public transit. All the CTA lines that come downtown where less than a 5 minute walk away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The location is excellent for shopping and site seeing. The staff is friendly and attentive. Great restaurant located in the hotel. The subway is 5 minutes walk from hotel. Fantastic Experience! Loooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeed it

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Man, the very best hotel I've ever stayed at. First it's on the historic registry...located on printing press row...and still has some of its charm but with the modern accommodations. Second, the valets/greeters (Mike and Showtime) made sure we were taken care of...gave us a ton of recommendations...and none failed. I made this trip with my 17 and 16 year old daughters. We were celebrating my 16 yr old's birthday. Mike sang Happy Birthday to here in the lobby. We had tickets to Aladdin at 730, but didn't get to our room until 6. Showtime told us to try Italian Village after the show and to ask for Roberto (in an Italian accent). That's another review, but Roberto took care of Showtime's friends! It was awesome. Showtime helped us to the subway one night and suggested where to get some deep dish pizza. NONE of his recommendations failed! The evening crew, James and Tim, we're so helpful with transportation info...routes, which train lines to take, closest stations, etc. And the day crew, Zakkiyyah and Dominick, were so sweet. They heard we were celebrating my daughter's sweet 16, and when we got back from our day of exploring there was a birthday basket with a note waiting on us in our room.

Third, it was close to a majority of downtown/Navy Pier stuff. If what you're doing isn't close by, I guarantee there's a city bus or train station within 1-3 blocks that will get you there. Where we live, public transportation isn't common. Most people own their own vehicles and drive where they need to. So navigating pickups/dropoffs, train stations, which train going which way could have been daunting, but it wasn't...especially with the help of the Hotel Blake staff.

The hotel beds could have been a bit more comfortable, but the hotel did seem to go out of their way for your comfort. They even provided ear plugs on the night stand to block out the city noise. It didn't bother me or either of my daughters.

And I want to say...Chicagoans are some of the friendliest people. SWEAR! We never felt unsafe. I feel more unsafe in downtown Little Rock than downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ellisak77
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Loved this hotel and the location! Great food options all around, the train was nearby and LOTS within walking distance!! The rooms were clean and great size, beds were very comfy and LOVED that there was a fridge and microwave in our room!!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th Floor and had a fantastic view of the city both day and night!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

The staff at hotel Blake was very helpful and friendly! "Showtime" went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. He even walked a block to wave down a taxi for our family! He's the man! The rest of the staff were awesome as well they gave us some great suggestions for restaurants in the area!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family