“BEYOND DELICIOUS FOR A REASONABLE PRICE”
Review of Cafe Marbella

Cafe Marbella
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Marbella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,293 of 9,614 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W Bryn Mawr Ave
Description: Located in the heart of Gladstone Park, Café Marbella is a delightful tapas restaurant that charms the northwest side with its blissful European ambiance. Café Marbella is the delightful incarnation of its former Peterson Avenue location. With small plates of savory mouthfuls meant to be enjoyed with others, Café Marbella is the perfect place for a romantic date or a night out with friends.With rustic décor and old-world charm, Café Marbella provides an inviting and friendly environment for patrons. The restaurant's Chef Virgilio Trujillo has cooked in some of the city's favorite Spanish-style kitchens, including La Paella and Arco De Cuchilleros. Chef Trujillo and his team serves a wide selection of classic cold and hot tapas like Gazpacho Andaluz, Gambas al Ajillo, Piquillos con Atun and Tortilla Española. In addition, the restaurant offers larger entrees and a variety of paellas.Café Marbella is northwest Chicago’s only BYOB tapas restaurant! For special events, Café Marbella has a private room that can host a party of up to 60. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
Chicago, Illinois
“BEYOND DELICIOUS FOR A REASONABLE PRICE”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We didn't have reservations, but we arrived at 5:30pm and were seated with a smile. The cerviche was excellent, in addition to the mussels in a white wine butter sauce. The service was prompt and friendly.

The atmosphere was small and quaint, with an old world feel. The only people that enjoyed the restaurant more were the couple out on their first day seated next to us.

The prices were reasonable. We only ordered tapas and we ended up paying about $20 per person. It was difficult to decide which flavor was more delicious, the lime juice, the fresh avocado, the butter sauce, or the fresh chopped garlic.....

I would recommend this location to anyone, but if you have more than two people or arrive after 6pm, I would make a reservation!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank IssitaTravels
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chicago
“Enjoyed a great meal”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I wouldn't have ever thought to go in the restaurant unless I had read the other reviews. Even walking up to the place, it looked empty, but looks can be deceiving. We ended up parking a little north of the restaurant and walked by an unlit party room that made us think it was closed. Glad my wife forced me to keep walking towards the door because the food was excellent. The owner greeted us at the door, sat us in on of the near booths and gave the normal monologue regarding specials. We ended up choosing the fried potatoes with chorizo sausage, white navy bean soup (excellent), manchego cheese bread with caramelized onions, and sauteed calamari. Each tapas dish was well prepared and presented. We'll definitely be going back to this hidden gem.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank simplythe1
North Chicago, Illinois
“I love going to Cafe Marbella”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I love going to Cafe Marbella in Chicago Northside, the food is so tasty that we always go back at least once every month. Is mostly Tapas, they have daily specials and they are very good and affordable . BYOB which make it even better.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank carmen95
North Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best tapas in Chicagoland!”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Anyone who loves tapas must go to Cafe Marbella! They offer the most authentic Spanish cousine I ever tried outside of Spain. Every single dish was a piece of culinary art! Just delicious!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank milky05
San Francisco, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tapas? More like crap-as!”
Reviewed 23 May 2009

Nah, I'm just kidding. Everything was delicious and served with a smile, so there are no complaints from me. I've been there on three occasions, and all three times I enjoyed myself. Don't really have anything else to add.

1 Thank KoizumiF

Been to Cafe Marbella? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK