2,801 results
All reviewsfire stationfire departmentgreat locationfree breakfastcorner suitebreakfast roomnavy pierhear sirensfresh fruitlight sleeperwithin walking distancechicago downtownhot breakfasthot tubbreakfast stafffront desk staffthe magnificent mile
Reviewed 11 September 2017

great location however breakfast and restroom was not the greatest did allow us to get into our room when we arrived at noon the front desk was excellent parking was not very good however saved $ by parking the car myself around the block

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George K
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thanks for the feedback. Glad our friendly staff could get you checked in ahead of schedule. I understand the elevated parking rates in the area, but glad you could find a better deal so close by. Thanks again for the review... we hope to have you back!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We had a suite it was very large plenty of room for the 3 of us,
Breakfast was good plenty of choices but not a lot tables.Hotel is in a nice area lots of restaurants with walking distance.The only problem was with the hotel was the Wifi it was very weak and kept dropping out, and you have to join every time you log back on.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thanks for the feedback! It is good to see you had a pleasant experience with us! My apologies for the Wi-Fi issues, we are aware and have an upgrade coming! We hope to see you back and thanks again!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

From the extensive breakfast to the prime location near the river and various attractions this Hampton Inn is a great value compared to other hotels around--especially if you are on foot and not paying crazy valet prices. The hotel was nice, only notable problem was the iron was rusted and left an iron-oxide residue on my clothing when used. The cleanliness was good and the only other improvement would be some sort of guide/information booklet in the hotel room--however google sufficed. And as always Hilton internet was awful since you had to re-login after your device locked for a few minutes.

Room Tip: Check the iron before you use it, get a replacement if it is rusted to avoid the rust residue on your clothing.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you had a good experience with us! In regards to an information binder, we do have one in every room on the desk, but perhaps one wasn't reaplaced when you were here so I apologize for that. About the clothing item, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for Peter and I would be happy to get that item replaced for you if necessary!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Excellent location, room, and breakfast! Close to everything, restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Staff was extremely helpful with area information and check-in was quick and easy. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed everything and we are happy to satisfy your expectations! Please come see us again!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I am a consistent traveler to the Chicago downtown area for business and have stayed at almost all the Hilton branded hotels in the downtown area. In this trip to downtown Chicago I had the pleasure of bringing my wife and kids along. Based on previous experience I was a bit squeamish about bring my kids along given the typically small rooms in the Chicago downtown area but they were quickly put to rest with my stay at the Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown North Loop

The lobby itself is relatively modern and tasteful. When I checked in, the front desk people were extremely friendly, professional and got me checked in quickly. As a Hilton Diamond, I was given several snacks and water bottles. They even allowed me to choose what I wanted so I didn’t end up with a bunch of snack items my family doesn’t enjoy.

The best part of my stay was my corner suite. In a word, it was huge! I mean, in downtown Chicago, to provide such a large space including a living area, dining area, separated bedroom and full kitchen is both a rarity and a genuine luxury. This was perfect for families. My room had a full sized fridge, microwave, stove and dishwasher. The beds were comfortable, the linens were fresh and the bathroom was clean.

As expected with Hampton Inns, my family had a very nice breakfast every morning. Despite what some of the previous reviewers have stated, there are multiple protein items including sausage and eggs. They have several hot items as well as a variety of fresh fruits, fresh pastries, waffle irons, yogurts and more. It does get crowded at peak hours but we never had an issue getting a table. There is even an expansion area.

We valet parked our car with this hotel. At $59 it may seem somewhat steep but bear in mind that this is core downtown Chicago and it really is tough to do better – especially if you want same day in out privileges, which we certainly used. The car was always downstairs at the promised time (they will give you anywhere from a 10-20 minutes estimate based on how busy they are) The valet staff were excellent and courteous. They even turned down my tip on occasion saying that tipping once per day was more than enough!

If you are looking for a comfortable business or leisure trip in the Chicago Downtown area, look no further! I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the firestation if you are sensitive to noise
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the feedback! I am very grateful for the detailed critique of the hotel. All details aside, it looks like you had a good experience and enjoyed the spacious room you had and that is great to hear! We hope you choose us again on your next venture to Chicago! You know who to reach out to if you need anything else!