“The Ideal Chicago Downtown Hotel for Business and Family stays!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
Ranked #56 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I am a consistent traveler to the Chicago downtown area for business and have stayed at almost all the Hilton branded hotels in the downtown area. In this trip to downtown Chicago I had the pleasure of bringing my wife and kids along. Based on previous experience I was a bit squeamish about bring my kids along given the typically small rooms in the Chicago downtown area but they were quickly put to rest with my stay at the Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown North Loop

The lobby itself is relatively modern and tasteful. When I checked in, the front desk people were extremely friendly, professional and got me checked in quickly. As a Hilton Diamond, I was given several snacks and water bottles. They even allowed me to choose what I wanted so I didn’t end up with a bunch of snack items my family doesn’t enjoy.

The best part of my stay was my corner suite. In a word, it was huge! I mean, in downtown Chicago, to provide such a large space including a living area, dining area, separated bedroom and full kitchen is both a rarity and a genuine luxury. This was perfect for families. My room had a full sized fridge, microwave, stove and dishwasher. The beds were comfortable, the linens were fresh and the bathroom was clean.

As expected with Hampton Inns, my family had a very nice breakfast every morning. Despite what some of the previous reviewers have stated, there are multiple protein items including sausage and eggs. They have several hot items as well as a variety of fresh fruits, fresh pastries, waffle irons, yogurts and more. It does get crowded at peak hours but we never had an issue getting a table. There is even an expansion area.

We valet parked our car with this hotel. At $59 it may seem somewhat steep but bear in mind that this is core downtown Chicago and it really is tough to do better – especially if you want same day in out privileges, which we certainly used. The car was always downstairs at the promised time (they will give you anywhere from a 10-20 minutes estimate based on how busy they are) The valet staff were excellent and courteous. They even turned down my tip on occasion saying that tipping once per day was more than enough!

If you are looking for a comfortable business or leisure trip in the Chicago Downtown area, look no further! I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the firestation if you are sensitive to noise
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you so much for the feedback! I am very grateful for the detailed critique of the hotel. All details aside, it looks like you had a good experience and enjoyed the spacious room you had and that is great to hear! We hope you choose us again on your next venture to Chicago! You know who to reach out to if you need anything else!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Great Location for exploring the city. Clean rooms, helpful staff, good breakfast options. Valet parking expensive, but figure that goes with the downtown location. Close to Red Line - Grand Station. Suggest that 200 characters minimum is pushing limit. Drop to 150.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you were able to have a good experience with us and glad the facility accommodated you nicely. Thanks again and we hope to have you back!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We couldn't have been more pleased. Check in was easy & young man with german name???? & gal working with him were professional, fun & pleasant. They asked why we were in town & when we said 49th anniversary, dinner, boat ride, shopping etc. they had ideas for all! We went up to our room & it was perfect! Then out to lunch & when we returned we found towels made in swans, champaign & chocolates - wonderful surprise!! When we left for dinner that night, I asked at desk if Esteban was available & he was right there!! We told him how thrilled we were with surprise & it was very, very thoughtful - I hope we made his day, cause he made ours!! Breakfast was good & everyone - Michael Z. Pamela, Angelina & all staff were the best!! Will stay again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Esteban S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

We are all please to know that we made this stay memorable. I know for your 50th anniversary you will be traveling to the islands but I hope you visit us again! Please for you next travels to the city feel free to contact me directly at esteban.salazar@hilton.com and we will make sure you are set up for an even better stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Suite rooms were good size and clean with living room with Sofa and mini kitchen. No self parking available ONLY valet parking which is very expensive. River walk is only 4 blocks away. Breakfast is ok. Not good variety. Canned fruits in breakfast taste horrible. No trays to put plates and bowls. Main lady serving breakfast was very mean. Coffee and tea available almost all the time-this was good so if you going out for sight seeing or coming back, grab a cup. Alley behind the hotel has garbage cans.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank kamp664
pamelap720, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like you had a great visit while here in Chicago. We're glad your room accommodations was a good fit for you. We would like to apologize for the disservice you experience during breakfast and hope this does not keep you from visiting with us again.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Great location, clean, comfortable bed, good size bathroom, good breakfast. Could have been better with a mini fridge. We spent most of the day out, as we were visiting family and were out with them most of the day, but it was nice to come home to a comfortable room at night with a nice hot shower.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thanks for the feedback! Glad that you had a comfortable experience with us. That is what we strive to create for our guests and it is good to see that you were. Next time, feel free to ask for a mini-fridge as we have them available to give out. They are also in all suite and wetbar rooms! Thanks again and we hope to have you back!