I am a consistent traveler to the Chicago downtown area for business and have stayed at almost all the Hilton branded hotels in the downtown area. In this trip to downtown Chicago I had the pleasure of bringing my wife and kids along. Based on previous experience I was a bit squeamish about bring my kids along given the typically small rooms in the Chicago downtown area but they were quickly put to rest with my stay at the Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown North Loop
The lobby itself is relatively modern and tasteful. When I checked in, the front desk people were extremely friendly, professional and got me checked in quickly. As a Hilton Diamond, I was given several snacks and water bottles. They even allowed me to choose what I wanted so I didn’t end up with a bunch of snack items my family doesn’t enjoy.
The best part of my stay was my corner suite. In a word, it was huge! I mean, in downtown Chicago, to provide such a large space including a living area, dining area, separated bedroom and full kitchen is both a rarity and a genuine luxury. This was perfect for families. My room had a full sized fridge, microwave, stove and dishwasher. The beds were comfortable, the linens were fresh and the bathroom was clean.
As expected with Hampton Inns, my family had a very nice breakfast every morning. Despite what some of the previous reviewers have stated, there are multiple protein items including sausage and eggs. They have several hot items as well as a variety of fresh fruits, fresh pastries, waffle irons, yogurts and more. It does get crowded at peak hours but we never had an issue getting a table. There is even an expansion area.
We valet parked our car with this hotel. At $59 it may seem somewhat steep but bear in mind that this is core downtown Chicago and it really is tough to do better – especially if you want same day in out privileges, which we certainly used. The car was always downstairs at the promised time (they will give you anywhere from a 10-20 minutes estimate based on how busy they are) The valet staff were excellent and courteous. They even turned down my tip on occasion saying that tipping once per day was more than enough!
If you are looking for a comfortable business or leisure trip in the Chicago Downtown area, look no further! I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business and theater districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. End the day with a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn