“Great local institution ”
Review of Ann Sather

Ann Sather
Ranked #1,193 of 10,073 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great local establishment. We had the famous cinnamon rolls and a build your own omelette with potatoes and fruit. Good!!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Yes, the cinnamon rolls are terrific but we also enjoyed the banana french toast, the eggs benedict and the fresh fruit bowls. The servers were very attentive and worked together to meet our needs. It is a huge amount of food for each order so you may want to split. Or take the extra roll with you for later.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is an awesome place to eat . I have only eaten at the location in Boystown/ Wriglyville. They give generous portions plus the price can’t be beat . Plenty of food to share . My husband and I usually spilt our food. My favorite item on the menu is by far the cinnamon roll!! It is to die for ! Simply the best ever. They are huge and you get two!! Worth a stop in to check it out. Plus the staff is very friendly. They work very hard and get your food out quickly.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Been wanting to get to this place for a long time and finally did. I ordered the Swedish pancakes with lingonberries and found them to be exceptional. They are more like a wonderful crepe rather than our American pancakes. The lingonberries were a nice accompaniment and I also got a side of pork link sausages. They, too, were delicious. My daughter loved her cinnamon buns (you get two) and we were happy she shared them with us. She also loved the Avocado Delight wrap - guacamole, egg and cheese served with homemade salsa. My son in law loved his biscuits (you get two) and eggs but didn’t love his hash browns - they weren’t like potato pancakes more like cubed potatoes. Anxious to try something else on their menu.

We loved our waiter and he did a great job!

We all can’t wait to come back — sooner rather than later!!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

This is a Chicago fixture and there's a reason for that. The food here is excellent and the service is almost always good. It does get incredibly crowded on the weekends and if the servers get jammed up, you can wait a little while. On crowded days, it's not a great place to eat and have conversation, as the noise level is intense. Everything is really good - especially the omlettes. I like the one with asparagus, artichoke hearts and asiago cheese. Our guest had the Denver omlette and said it was terrific. If you order the hash browns, get them extra crispy. Their specialty is the sweet rolls, but honestly, I'd get one order to split with several people. They are so sugary and tasty that you can end up in a sugar coma afterwards. Because of that, I get the biscuits. The salads are very nice. Prices are so reasonable for what you get. Highly recommended.