All reviews close to union station randolph street great location complimentary breakfast united center uber ride would definitely stay here again self parking choose this hotel floor to ceiling windows willis tower chicago downtown whole foods walking distance comfy bed great place to stay easy access
Reviewed 29 September 2018

This is a great hotel located in easy walking distance from Union Station. Great pool and fitness area with an outdoor patio deck. Located close to Randolph Street restaurants, it's clean, quiet and well-decorated. Staff were friendly, professional and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I had to travel to Chicago Downtown for a few weeks. Really a good place to stay and everything in walking distance. Excellent breakfast, services and amenities. The gym, business center and pool are excellent. The view would be great if you are lucky with the skyline.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

The king size bed were extremely hard and uncomfortable. I have back problems and I was in so much pain when I left. With the amount of money I paid I was definitely expecting something more soft and luxurious. They just felt cheap. Also, that "sleeper sofa" they advertised with the king room that we wanted was a joke. It would only fit someone who is under 5 foot. I felt ripped off and lied too. It is completely false advertisement. So I honestly probably won't stay at a Hampton again because of that. I am giving it a 3 star because it was clean, friendly staff and in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear hubkatie,

I apologize for the issue you encountered with the bed in the room. We do utilize the Hampton exclusive line of Serta mattresses. Our full size sleeper sofas are definitely smaller than the king beds in the room, but allow greater flexibiltiy for our guests than a traditional roll-away, which tends to be a bit smaller than a full size bed.

Regardless of this information, I don't want any of our guests to feel ripped off or lied to. Please contact me personally and I will make sure that we correct the situation for you. If there is anything else regarding your experience you think we could improve upon, I would be glad to have it shared with me. Thank you for your time.

Fred Marshall
312.586.4801

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Chose this hotel as we were in Chicago for a family event and this location is right in between two venues we'd have to go to. Hotel is quite new, about two years old, in a glass/steel building shared with Homewood Suites. Checkin on 4th floor - from the elevator turn left for Hampton and right for Homewood. The lobby (extending into the breakfast room) is contemporary in design, bright and spacious with lots of comfortable seating, good place to hang out if you have to wait for your room to be ready (good to have the self service coffee/tea was good but hot water rather lukewarm). There is also a large outdoor deck on the 5th floor next to the gym and pool (which is small - not big enough to do laps).

The room we had was a King with Sofa Bed, quite spacious, elegant muted colors in shades of grey, dark carpeting. Bathroom (shower only - very strong) was good size with wood veneer floor. Comfy bed, firm with good padding. We were on the 23 floor with a nice view of the city to the west. Room temp control's good. There is a small fridge, safe, and coffee maker for one cup of hot water at a time which worked very well. Very quiet - although the aircon made occasional flapping noises, but not too noticeable.

The free hot breakfast was excellent - tasty fluffy scrambled eggs and flavorful meats - we had link sausages one day and patties the next, both delicious. It could get a bit crowded around 9 am but we were always able to find seats.

Getting here by train is convenient - closest stop is Clinton on the green line, only a couple of blocks to the north. Location is about a mile to Millennium Park and Art Institute, but if you are just looking for restaurants there is a strip with many options including the popular Little Goat Diner on W Randolph just a few minutes walk away.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018

The hotel was very clean, the staff were polite respectfully and very knowledgeable about the city and places that are must see. The breakfast was outstanding. The gym was average, could use some better equipment like Cybex strength and cardio, but you can't have everything.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business