“Delicious juicy dumplings!”

Ranked #788 of 10,803 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We ordered steamed, boiled, and fried juicy dumplings and love them all. Great place to eat dumplings.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What a find! We love Chinese dumplings. We tried the pork and mushroom as well as the pork and leek. They were both delicious. We had one boiled and one steamed. I recommend having them steamed as we prefer that texture to boiling. Reservations are a good idea but we were there on a Wednesday at about 5:30pm and were fine without a reservation. They have a byob policy a great option to save money. The dining room is clean and was nicely decorated. All in all a great experience.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

My wife kept telling about Qing Xiang Yuan Dumplings in Chicago's China Town, and I kept putting her off. But when I finally gave in and tried this small restaurant, I realized what a big mistake I had been making. The lamb dumplings were out of this world--and yes, the kitchen staff is said to make about 4,000 of these mouthwatering delicacies every day. What a treat, only to be followed by a brimming bowl of Hot & Spicy soup, big enough to be shared by two or more. We chose spicy Level 2, and that was plenty hot. I can only imagine Level 3 --whoa! Now I must return to try the Red Oil Pig Ears!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped in for a quick bite, as we had never been to the China town area before. There were roughly 10 customers in the restaurant but it was a very somber/quiet environment , which isn't the typical vibe I shoot for but that's okay. Our server fit the vibe of the restaurant, he was less than thrilled to be there, almost an uncomfortable interaction... nevertheless we ordered the pork and coriander dumplings which were terrific. Hands down best dumplings I've ever had. We will be back for the dumplings for sure.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We came to Quing Xiang Yuan prompted by the local restaurant review show on CLTV, "Chicago's Loudest", not expecting our lives to be changed forever. Although the menu is varied with offerings of barbeque kabobs and appetizers, the dumplings (steamed, fried or boiled) are the destination. If you don't try Qing Xiang Yuan, your life will be less delicious and more mundane - if you go there once, you will be compelled to return, and again - I dream about those light as they are flavorful pouches of heavenly bliss on earth. We came for lunch and there was no wait for a table. And, yes, the chairs are not at all comfortable...a minor price to pay for the Qing Xiang Yuan's life altering dumplings.

Been to Qing Xiang Yuan Dumplings? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK