“Good place to stay for a few days”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We always stay here when traveling to Champaign.

The rooms are great (full fridge, working stove).

Friendly staff.

We love the sauna and pool (always pretty empty).

They also have free dinners during the week (but we never ate these since we are vegetarians).

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room on the NORTH side (the south side faces another hotel and can be noisy).
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 December 2011

I often frequent the Champaign area for business. I always look forward to staying at the Homewood. Donna and her friendly staff really go out of their way to make me feel at home. Everything from the rooms to the pool is first class. The Champaign Homewood definitely sets the bar for quality and service!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Holiday time is packed for my family located in Champaign, so this year my husband, daughter, and I opted to stay in a hotel to free up some room for other travelers. Our eight-year-old enjoys a hotel pool immensely. It's like giving her an extra Christmas gift.

The room is very clean. The king bed is comfortable, the bathroom spotless, and there is a full kitchen with full sized fridge, microwave, cooktop, dishwasher, and sink. The fold-out couch was a perfect spot for our daughter.

The free breakfast is very good quality. It's a large variety of good food. Lots of fresh fruit and healthy options as well as eggs and sausage and a waffle bar. Good coffee. No Truvia, but there is Splenda - a key consideration when I travel. I hate having to supply and carry around my own sweeteners.

The staff is very friendly. I had no trouble securing a later check out, and maintenance was very responsive when I requested extra towels. The pool area is well maintained and attractive. The only drawbacks are very minor ones. They are not, in my opinion, enough of a big deal to detract from my 5 rating. The wifi is much slower in the rooms than in the lobby. When you're working from your hotel room, this is a consideration. The second minor drawback is the amount of chlorine this pool uses. Our visit may have corresponded with freshly shocking the pool, but the smell of chlorine was a bit strong.

I bought a pre-paid deal through Homewood Suites website and got the room for $78 a night. I felt this was an excellent value for the quality of the room, the convenience to my family's homes, and the quality of the breakfast. I will most definitely stay here again for busy family gatherings.

Room Tip: definitely check for pre-paid deals.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We've stayed here over the holidays as a central locale for the family get-together for several years now. The hotel and the staff are perfect. They are accommodating, friendly and helpful. They will work with us to make sure that it all goes smoothly. Rooms are great. Clean, spacious.We'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I have had the opportunity to spend many stays at the Champaign Homewood. Donna and her staff run a first-class operation and go out of their way to make guests feel welcome and accomodate their needs. The attitude of this property's management and staff should be a benchmark for all Hilton properties worldwide!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
2.1 km away
2.1 km away
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
0.2 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK