“A Classic Place”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I always loved the pizza here. I even worked here as a delivery driver many years ago. Service was good as waitress did checkbacks and the food was cooked pretty quickly.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Papa Del's deep dish is still the best pizza I have ever had, and I've been eating there for over 30 years. The sauce is amazing and complements the thick crust well. The service is always college students and you can tell that this is not their calling on life, but it doesn't matter even a little bit. The pizza is so terrific that they ship it all over the country to the craving alumni.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is another restaurant I was told to try after I moved to the area, and I was not disappointed by the quality of the food. This is some of the best pizza I have ever had! The only problem is the price, easily two times what I would ordinarily pay. It's definitely worth it, though. If you like a nice, deep-dish style pizza, this place is for you.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had the kitchen sink thin crust. It was a ton of food, but it was all great. I can't image the deep dish, but it is probably great too.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have been eating Papa Del's since junior high school (pre-woodstock), when they first opened on the Champaign side of wright street. I have eaten pizza elsewhere, including in Italy, and in almost every state in the US. So far, I have found no better pizza than Papa Del's. My favorite is stuffed spinach, mushroom, jalapeno and sausage. That is just personal preference. There is nothing like Papa Del's thick pan anywhere that I know of. Thin crust is also hard to compare. There seem to be a few QA issues recently with my last couple of orders (wrong ingredients or inadequate ingredients), but overall they made good on it. Also, they don't take American Express which is a downside and in my opinion is a statement against excellent customer service. Perhaps they should not take Visa and Mastercard and really make a positive statement about customer service.