“Still the Best”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We are alums that stopped here on our way home from FL. Called an hour ahead and our pizza was ready when we arrived. Also purchased a frozen to take home. This is the best pizza hands down that you will find anywhere. Legend is, the recipe is a tightly kept secret. Lived in Chicago for last 15 years and can not find anything that comes close. Dining room ceiling could use some attention, though.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Heard this was the best Chicago style pizza in Champaign so we went. Might go again, might not. The key issues were the environment and service. It was slow service...and the tables are packed in like sardines..so we had very little space. Uncomfortable. Building had maintenance issues like ceiling falling down in one spot and bathroom pretty dirty...but the overall appearance was ok.

The pizza took a long time to bake...45 minutes..which the waitress warned us about before ordering...so that was ok I guess. But it was so salty that it was hard to tell how fresh the food was...and I just didn't care for it.

It doesn't warrant all the 5 star reviews...which I like to give if I can. I'm sorry it's a 3 star restaurant.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Had mile high pizza, Chicago style pizza, New York pizza, none compare to Papa Del's. Flavor, textures, everything fits perfectly except the wait, but even that is worth it for this pizza.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Call ahead because real food takes time to make. I'm hooked on this pizza. They will also ship pizza from their website!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I can't make a trip to Champaign without stopping by for some of their incredible pizza. The dough has a sweet taste that is great. Only negative about the place is the long waits especially on game days. I love the new take out store on the Southwest side of Champaign. They have frozen pizzas you can take home to enjoy in between trips to Champaign.