“Hibachi grill with full menu”

Oishi Asian Cuisine
Ranked #41 of 337 Restaurants in Champaign
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Have eaten here twice this year, both times for special occasions. Family friendly, the hibachi grillers put on a great performance, especially for kids. I was not as impressed with the hibachi grill food as with my choice from the menu. It's hard to keep grill food hot when served in three sections but if you start eating too early you fill up before the meat is finished. I preferred the yum yum sauce but both were good. The General Tso's chicken from the menu was delicious and I would order it again over the grill. Prices are too high for us except for lunch which is better. Would definitely go back, at lunch only.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

I've eaten here numerous times for lunch over the past few months and Oishi never disappoints. You can choose to either do the hibachi or just the "normal" tables. Both are very good, although i typically just do a normal table. They have many lunch specials for around $7 - i typically get the Chicken and Broccoli which sounds very boring/bland, but it is actually very good. The sushi here is very good also. The hibachi is especially fun to do with a larger group of people.
Either way, I dont think you can really go wrong here. It is very high quality food, much better than your typical Chinese joint. Give it a try!

Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

Oishi is a must stop whenever we visit the area. The sushi is always fresh and the staff are always there with a smile. I happen to like their spicy sushi rolls a little spicier than what they make it. However, I just ask for them to spice it up and they oblige me. It always comes out perfect. Another favorite for us is their calamari. It comes with a spicy dipping sauce which I love. Their sesame chicken is crisp and flavorful. Their entrees usually comes with a soup or salad. I would highly recommend paying the extra dollar to upgrade to the Thai curry soup which is amazing, my husband swears by the hot and sour soup. I haven't tried any of the hibachi food but it smells wonderful and they put on a cute show.

Reviewed 17 May 2015

The food was the usual fare for a Hibachi grill except I am used to getting shrimp with my fried rice. Chicken was tender, scallops sweet (they need to learn how to prep them in the kitchen, still had their suckers/feet on them).
Our chef/cook was not real entertaining, but we didn't care. No children to watch. We just wanted a good, hot meal.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

We really love taking people to the hibachi/steakhouse portion of Oishi. The food is delicious and the service is very quick. My husband and I agree that their filet is some of the best filet we have ever had. The kid's menu is basically an adult sized portion at a fraction of the price, which is great for leftovers. CiSaves typically has deals for the steakhouse portion of Oishi, which can help with the cost as well.

My biggest concern is the service on the restaurant or sushi side of the restaurant. We have eaten in the sushi side 3 times and each time the service was very slow. The waiters have always been friendly and very accommodating for our kids (4 &2), but the length of time it takes to get our meals is really detracting.

All in all I would recommend eating in the hibachi/steakhouse portion of Oishi, but, unless you have a long time for eating, I would probably skip the sushi portion or just order their sushi for take out.

1  Thank lsiuta