“Actually its back in Marion I believe”
Review of A Lill Taste Of Cuba - CLOSED

A Lill Taste Of Cuba
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I try to stop by here everytime I am in southern Illinois. The beef empanadas......I could live off of for the rest of my life. My father enjoys the cuban sandwiche, but I just cannot get past the beef empanadas and croquettes.

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

I have drove by this place for a while saying "I should try that place." Well today we did and I will definitely come back. Suggestion: the Cuban Sandwich. I had the steak mushroom and Swiss which was pretty good, but after trying my husband's Cuban, wow! Had to order a couple to go! The fried plantains were good too! Service was amazingly fast and friendly, the cook even refilled my hubby's drive while waitress was off floor. I am very impressed. Sorry, no pic of Cuban, it was eaten before I had a chance!

Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

I recently had a chance to enjoy the best Cuban food around. A "Lill" Taste of Cuba is a real gem in Marion, Illinois. The restaurant moved for a while to Carbondale Illinois, but now is back at its original location.

Treat yourself to any number of delicious dishes. I recently had the Ropa Vieja shredded steak on saffron rice with sweet fried plantains. To top off this delicious meal, I ordered a tasty guava jam and cream cheese empanada... Pure heaven!

Don't miss their famous Caribbean jerk chicken wings and lots of other stuff. Inexpensive and delicious!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family is from the Dominican Republic so I grew up eating this kind of food. I know when someone is trying to sell me Cuban food that isn't good.This place is a find! The food is delicious! It brings me back to vacations in DR eating at my family's table.... tostones, ropa vieja..... wow. I only wish that I either lived nearby or they would relocate to where I am from. I'd eat there all the time. And it is such a value! Run don't walk to this place!

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Easily the best food in Carbondale. Different, made from scratch (and with love) and good variety. The only drawback is the location within Key West. The dive bar takes away from the enjoyment of the food.

1  Thank jemote