“Best food in Carbondale”
Review of A Lill Taste Of Cuba - CLOSED

A Lill Taste Of Cuba
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Easily the best food in Carbondale. Different, made from scratch (and with love) and good variety. The only drawback is the location within Key West. The dive bar takes away from the enjoyment of the food.

1  Thank jemote

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Lil Cuba is a great place to go to get something different than the usual Carbondale restaurants. Great wings, I love the pork sandwhich, black beans and rice, plantains, empanadas, cubans, and just about everything else is delicious. It is inside of Key West bar which is rarely packed so crowds are not a problem. Atmosphere isn't perfect but it works and is delicious. They need a sign and some form of advertising. I would go with a large group of people and try different things.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I've been missing the food in southern Florida and was happy to learn of this little place. I drove over for a late lunch and got two empanadas to go - one beef and one pork. Each was put into its own paper bag inside a lager bag.There were grease spots on the bags by the time I got back to work - a bit more than I would normally expect. The beef one had black beans in it and seemed more beany than meaty, but it had the better crust. The pork one had cassava and the flavour was perfect, I'm looking forward to going back to try the guava with chocolate empanada.
The downside is that you have to go inside a bar and order from a window. They do have tables where you could sit, but I imagine if it weren't lunchtime, it could be pretty loud and crowded. They do have delivery.
Also, the cost is more than twice what I paid in Florida, so I don't think I'll be getting these weekly like I did before. I was able to print a coupon from their Facebook page, which helped.