“Love this place!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 6 January 2015

I'm never disappointed eating here. My husband always gets a burrito that's huge and he loves it. And I always get Roules Special. (Probably spelled that wrong). I always say I'm going to try something different but so far Ive not been able to break free from this particular one! It comes with tortillas seperate for you to add the steak,bacon,avocado,beans, and these grilled huge scallions that are so good. I'm probably forgetting something...oh yes Cheese:)! The restaurant always is clean, the people are friendly and you can tell the food is authentic. The prices are very reasonable too.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

My husband and I stopped for lunch at La Siesta. We've recently moved to the area and have yet to find a Mexican restaurant to compare to those in the Chicago area. I asked the server if the tamales were made on site...he said yes. So, we both ordered a combination that included a taco, tostada and tamale.

Well, the taco and tostada were pretty good. However, the tamale had way too much masa! As a side note; it's very hard to find a good tamale that is made with a nice proportion of masa to meat. As for the margaritas; they tasted like they were made from a store-bought mix...not great.

So, we are still searching for a really good Mexican restaurant in the Kankakee area.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

La Siesta is the best mexican restaurant we have visited of all time. Owners are very friendly, especially Jorge. I recommend the deep fried snapper cover with sauted garlic.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The nachos and margaritas are enough to get us there. Food is large portion and good value for the buck..

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I've been to this place quite a few times and usually only because someone else wanted to go there for their birthday or celebration. A lot of people truly love the food here but for some reason I'm just not feeling it. I think the first time I ate here I had chicken quesadillas. That is canned chicken!! Its funky for sure. I moved away & years later I moved back and my cousins wanted to go so I open mindedly tried it again. I had a combo of chicken and beef tacos. Once again the canned chicken was still being used but the beef was pretty good. They do have awesome margaritas and the staff is always very friendly. I've been back just this past summer again to bring my husband since he has never been. It was good but I advised against anything chicken. He liked it for the most part. I think I just cant get that funky chicken out of my head.

Been to La Siesta? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK