“Standard Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
“Standard Hotel”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is what I expect when staying at a middle of the road hotel, rooms were clean, the service was good, pool and whirlpool were in good shape (the sauna was out of order though). Food was located near-by at the Cracker Barrel. Plenty of room in the parking lot, even for trucks and RVs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was traveling through and booked directly through the hotel using AAA. I got a good rate from a very friendly and customer service oriented desk clerk. I found the hotel to be exceptional clean. It is not new and flat screen tv's are not the norm in the room. However my purpose on this trip was to sleep and it was great. Easy off the interstate and lots of food choices around the property. I like reasonable costs when I travel and this worked great. I really like pleasant, warm and friendly environments. This worked for me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bgould1001
Iowa
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on Brock Drive in Bloomington, IL and was shocked when we arrived. The establishment looked nothing like the pictures or the description on the internet. Unfortunately, we had no choice but to stay there because every other room was booked for this particular weekend. We had one of the suites which was in the back section and it was gross, to put it mildly. Not only had it not been renovated in many years but it had not been "cleaned" in many years either. Thankfully, I am not a child so I was able to pull my feet up from the sticky floors and carpet. I don't even want to know what was on there. There was no mattress pad on the pull out bed and when one was brought up it was totally worn and stained. I would never recommend this place. The water pressure was so bad that we were told you have to leave the water running in the bar sink for a while before it will come out?? When I gave our list of 11 complaints to the woman at the front desk all she said they would do was give some extra points .. wow! I guess it could have been worse and they could have offered us a free night. The type of people wandering in the outside hall were extremely scary plus the doors opened to this outside hall.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this establishment.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We made a last minute booking online for 7 on a room max 8. For a state cheerleading competition . We booked a room that showed a HUGE suite.Inside corridor, 2 queen with jacuzzi with a seperate living area with a couch,love seat,(both pull outs) with a wet bar $99. We arrived,got to our room,outside entrance,1 king,no jacuzzi,there was a hallway with sink that seperated the living area from the bed room. 1 pull out love seat sleeper with wet bar. Nothing as pictured. I went to the front desk with my copy of what I booked, They said their is only 1 of those and should not have been available, No apology or offers to make it right. I told them I have 7ppl in our group,we have a room for 4. They tried to make us leave for exceding occupency for 4. The resy said 7.Then they tried to charge me an additional $20pp for the other 3 kids.I told them if I didnt get what was reserved they should at least give us another room near by. They said it would be an additional $165 for the special event. ABSOULUTLY NOT! I requested a refund,they refused. I said we're staying, give me blankets,pillows ect.They promise it would be in the room when we arrived back that night. It wasn't. We made due.They said they were leaving the pool open all night for cheer families,suited up,get to the door,they closed it at 9pm. Morning breakfast was not as stated. There was seating for 20,make your own waffels was made by rude attendant Laurie, who expected tips and was very loud about how her tip jar was empty. In the end,they told me to call Choice,its their problem. Choice Hotels, tells me its a location management issue, since its a francise.Choice hotel will do nothing to rectifiy the issues either. Luckily us 2 adults were with very understanding kids.They didn't care they slept on the floor our "super fans"just wanted to be there for the girls and their parents were glad they were well cared for.Beside ALL our issues,it was a bit run down,very quiet,the beds were comfortable and size with included breakfast were great for the price. Motel 6 was $65 and super 8 a whopping $98. Both were on double rooms,no breakfast or pool.We would have had to book 2 rooms.The rest of the town was $150 or higher. SO in all it was a value. Just wish we got what we booked,a little something to accomedate us or even an apology.

Room Tip: MUST state inside or out side corridor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Park Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Excellent service. Large clean rooms. Sparkling indoor pool and whirlpool. Hot sauna. All employees friendly and helpful. Great breakfast. Alot of choices and they are all good. Excellent coffee 24/7. More than reasonable rates. I love going there just for a quick get away. Lake Evergreen 15 minutes away. Great fishing. I stay at the Quality Inn when I visit Lake Evergreen in Hudson Il. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Room Tip: Two queens
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends