“Best Company and Guides - Hands down!”

White Cloud Rafting Adventures
Half-Day Guided Rafting Adventure
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Stanley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White Cloud Rafting Adventures offers premier one-day white water rafting trips and guided fly-fishing trips on the Salmon River. We are located in Stanley, Idaho just one hour north of Sun Valley, Idaho.White Cloud is a family owned and operated river rafting business offering a variety of rafting trips on the Salmon River. Whether you're looking for a premier one-day white water rafting trips or guided fly-fishing trips on the Salmon River, White Cloud as the longest continually operating permit on the Salmon River (since 1971 is your best choice. Types of trips you can choose from include one-day rafting trips, high adventure white water rafting, kayaking trips, scenic trips, fly fishing trips, and group rafting.Share a day with our family and friendly staff and experience for yourself the excitement, and the adventure of River Rafting in Stanley, Idaho. White Cloud Rafting Adventures is located North of Sun Valley in Stanley, Idaho.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I have spent the last week in Stanley, ID and have had the best time ever. What makes Stanley so amazing, is the people that live and guide there. White Cloud Rafting Adventures has the best of everything... great and experienced guides, a solid foundation of running the river, an excellent management team and the best overall atmosphere you can ask for.

The guides (Mike, Kat, Wiener, Porkchop and others) are so funny and really know the river. They are a lot of fun to be around. Thanks to everyone, especially Jeremy who has the best customer service I've ever experienced! (Not to mention, that he's also one heck of a cook).

White Cloud offers so much. Give them a call, you'll be satisfied, I promise.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

We did a family rafting trip through the Class IV rapids with WhiteCloud; WOW what a great time! We have rafted on many rivers all over the country (West Virginia, Pennsylvania, California, New Mexico and Montana) and this was the best guided, most fun, and most exciting trip of them all. Our rafting guide, Zack, was excellent. He described each rapid before we got to it and we hit each line going through them. When it was quiet stretch Zack, who studies Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M, would tell tall tales that went along with his Texas accent! The best Class IV rapid was Shotgun which was a blast; there were also quite a few class 3 rapids that were fun.

We also did a fly fishing float trip with Jeremy, the manager of WhiteCloud and older brother of Zack. I am not a very experienced fly fisherman but he knew exactly what flies to use and how to get us in the fish! Jeremy's hand-made float boat was comfortable, roomy, and Jeremy really knew how to read the water to get it right were he wanted it to go and then stay there. We caught many rainbows and two bull trout in our group of two boats.

Overall, I highly recommend Whitecloud if you are going to raft or fish in the Stanley area.

1  Thank WitsRUs
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Jeremy was great with helping plan the trip and making sure all the kids had a wonderful time. They made sure all the kids understood all the "saftey rules" and were in the right gear, before we took off, (made me feel so much better) the staff were professional and we all had a great adventure down the Salmon River. They even provided a snack including fresh fruit - not candy - for the group. The kids loved it, the four year old really liked the guide as he took extra time with her to make sure she was prepared for the trip. We will make this an annual event for the family. A+ in my book.....

1  Thank 5thwheelfun
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I just got off of the phone with General Manager Jeremy Boswell of White Cloud Rafting Adventures. My family and I have just booked another adventure with the White Cloud Outfit! This has become our annual trip. Every summer for the past five years, my family and I have either made the drive from Texas, or flown in from where ever we all are (we are scattered across the country). Every year we think it wont be possible to top the past year. Each year, we are proven wrong. I have traveled to almost all 50 states and rafted in nearly half of them. I can say without a doubt Stanley has become my river town and White Cloud has become my adventure outfitter. Jeremy and his capable guides have always gone beyond and above. Whether it is putting us on a fishing trip of a lifetime, a pleasure cruise, or a (wet) seat-of-the-pants trip, we always leave feeling like we have had a great adventure. Last July we rafted the Salmon -a truly majestic river. Our wonderful guide Sita, narrated the history of the river and canyon as well as the Indians who called it home many years ago as we drifted, paddled and explored the river. At lunch camp we were treated to an amazing meal of chicken fajitas cooked South West style in Dutch ovens. I want to thank the White Cloud Crew for always being so professional and accommodating to us. It is nice to know that we will always be able to rely on their wonderful customer service and economically priced packages for years to come. Next year, My family and I will be rafting in August and I will be joining old friends in June for the high water season. I CAN'T WAIT! From my family to yours, thank you WHITE CLOUD!

2  Thank oldlocalyoakle
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Having never been whitewater rafting before, I carefully chose the group we would go with in Stanley. I thought WhiteCloud's website did the best of describing the experience and they more than delivered a memorable time for my husband and I. Our guide, Zach, was wonderful. Very knowledgeable about the area and great company on the trip. Later, when we saw the pictures, we realized he also did a lot of work to make our trip through the rapids seems easy :)! We thought we were so skilled at paddling when, in reality, it was all him!! We will be back next year for fishing the Salmon River with WhiteCloud.