All reviews log furniture small refrigerator and microwave better than average lay your head easy access went out of her way would stay again road trip desiree stopover rates fi dog bedding skiing woods idaho
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We were just in Sandpoint for the night, and chose to stay at FairBridge for the price. It was adequate for what we needed. Overall it met my expectations, meaning it was clean enough, quiet, and the staff was mostly friendly and helpful. We had no issues during our stay, but I'm not sure if we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. I'm glad that everything went smoothly with your stay. I hope that you try us again sometime!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I am writing this email regarding an extremely upsetting issue I am currently having with the management of the FairBridge Inn and Suites in Sandpoint Idaho.

On May 28th I created a reservation online for your hotel (where I had never been before) for one night. After driving that day for 5 hours we arrived and checked in. We were told at check in, by the front desk staff, that this was the last room available.

After entering the room and looking around I noticed how dirty it was - the bathroom, the tv stand, the nightstand, the carpet, the phone, the remote- I would like to emphasis that I have stayed in hotels around the world, and have never been checked into such a poorly cleaned room filled with OTHER PEOPLES HAIR AND URINE IN THE WASHROOM.

I went to the front desk and was told again that this was the only room available. She apologized, saying that she didn’t know “how clean the rooms are” because she was just front desk staff. I said it was fine, that I would find somewhere else, but that I required a note from the hotel for a refund. I received such letter and have attached it to this email.

I then had to get back into the car after already driving all day and find another hotel.

When I followed up with the hotel regarding processing the refund, I was told by the manger, Joyce Baker that that was not hotel policy. After I explained that I lived out of the country and would not be returning to Idaho, she would “look into it and get back to me in a couple days.”

After waiting EIGHT DAYS, I called twice and emailed before my call was returned. Ms. Baker stated that she spoke with the regional manager and that I would not be receiving a refund, but what I would get a credit if I wanted to”give it another try”.

This is insulting.

Why would anyone want to return to your hotel after receiving such poor customer service?

As someone who works in this industry, if a customer was not satisfied, I would apologize, reverse the charge AND attempt to win their trust back.

I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and my credit card company if this issue is not dealt with, not to mention sharing this frustrating experience on your website where it states-

"The FairBridge story began in Spokane, Washington with a single hotel and a single promise to travelers. Today, we share that same promise of a clean, affordable, and friendly stay at a growing number of FairBridge locations across the country. “

You did not come through on your promise and I would like my money back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica C
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our property. I am so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay. The issues encountered will be addressed at once with our housekeeping staff and manager.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

An impromptu escape from ennui resulted in arriving at the Fairbridge Inn.
We booked a suite, with 3 queen beds, which accommodated our family of 6 with no problems; oops, except for a 6 yo boy who strongly felt he needed to sleep with his 3 sisters as his 12 yo brother informs him that he would be "Steamrolled & "Dutch-Ovened" throughout the nite"!
After facilitating the signing of the "Ponderay Dutch-Oven & Steamroll Treaty of 2018", my offspring enjoyed a relaxing hour in the hot-tub while I laundered some clothes which did not survive being worn during a 3.5 hr road trip... they weren't mine, but the five-dollar bill, which the lovely and friendly receptionist converted to quarters and detergent, was one of my favorites!
The wireless internet is awesome in the Laundry/Ski-Wax room, I was able to get some serious-schtuff done. Unfortunately, it was anemic much further out from that.
Breakfast was adequate & would have been best if we arrived to the lobby/eatery 1.5 hours before breakfast ended, as I believe a crew of lumberjacks & honey-badgers came thru & loaded up on all the grub before heading back out to the woods.
My daughters found leftovers from a prior guest's cherry-harvest celebration feast in their bedding, otherwise towels & pillowcases seemed fresh and clean. The 6 yo was thankful he didn't.
I will tell friends, family, and even democrats to go ahead and stay here. The rates are fair and amenities adequate for a family who is using the hotel as a base-camp.

Room Tip: Wireless broadband is weak 20 paces past laundry room...
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Desiree at front desk was a delight! So friendly and helpful. She recommended Sweet Lou's as the place to eat and was right on!
The outside needs attention and needs curb appeal. Inside was older style decor. Very homey and comfy. At checkout I mentioned the the shower tub was very noisy and I felt like I was going to fall through it. The girl at the front desk said all the rooms were like that when Fairbridge bought the place and they were going to fix that.
The breakfast wasn't desirable so we just had coffee. They did have fix your own Belgium Waffles. We were not in the mood for them though. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Get upstairs room to avoid noisy shower floors.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank lvmt4sure
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Desiree is a great employee and will be recognized for this wonderful review. The hotel is indeed working on how noisy the showers are. They are a flaw with the type of shower surround and we are hoping to take care of those in our next renovation.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I had a quick business trip to sandpoint and stayed at the Fairbridge for one night. Overall room was very clean really need great views stuff over all very pleasant. Good location but easy walking off the main shopping area. no real issues

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business