All reviews breakfast room in town waffles main building three separate buildings within walking distance downtown location hot tub free breakfast bed was comfortable restaurants and shopping motel dog cereal connies sink pets
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We stayed here in 2 rooms for 2 nights for a girls weekend. It was great. The "balcony" is a joke on the rooms. It is literally about 18 inches wide. Technically a balcony but NOTHING for hanging out on. The beds were SO comfy and nice. The rooms have a great amount of space in them and a little bigger than most other hotel rooms. The bathroom set up is AWESOME!!! They have the regular vanity and sink but in the room with the shower and toilet is also a 2nd vanity with sink. Perfect for many women getting ready at once. The continental breakfast was typical to others and a great perk. The pool was a BLAST!!! Some have mentioned the spread of the hotel but we thought it was fine and gave it character, not a problem for us. Our only issue was one of the rooms had A/C problems. The other room had the A/C unit with a digital thermometer. Our room had an older unit with a 1-10 setting. 4 was not cold enough so we turned it down to come home at 2am to find the room over 90 because the A/C was broke. A horrible hot night and 2 phones calls to the front desk got it fixed the next day around 3pm. Sadly when we returned to our room the 2nd night at 2am again the A/C was out AGAIN. This time I wasn't as patient, called the front desk and the man Brought us a fan. I went in person at 8 am the next morning and the EXTREMELY RUDE front desk lady told me it was "our fault for turning the A/C down so low. The unit cannot be turned below 54 degrees and if turned below that it literally freezes and had to completely unthaw before it works again". I said that's interesting an NO ONE the day before mentioned this and if this was a known issue why wasn't there a sign on the wall above the unit or a sign on the uni stating what number not to turn it below since we have no idea what the temp is on a guage from 1-10....... And why hadn't either of the 2 front desk people or the maintenance guy mentioned this to us the day before. We got a partial refund on the room, not enough to make us completely happy but lesson learned. Besides the A/C issue we loved the hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank rebekahp86
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We had excellent customer service! We definitely will stay at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint! And, the service, was amazing.Ben who works at the front desk was so helpful, and I could tell over the phone, Ben had a smile.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2018

This is a rather odd property in that it is spread over three blocks or so. We were in what I suspect was the oldest part which had once been a Motel furthest away from the Reception area. Though the room was said to be non smoking it was obvious from the smell that it had been smoked in for several years. That said,, the rooms was a good size and the beds were comfortable. it was overpriced in peak season but is likely much cheaper other times of year.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
laquinta0470, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Yes, it sounds like you were in building 3. I wish I knew what room number so I could fix the problem with the smell. We have been a non smoking hotel for I think 8-10 years and have replaced carpet, drapes, mattresses and furniture in the rooms that once were smoking rooms. However.....sometimes people do not respect that we are a non smoking hotel. Even if there is a $200.00 charge if they smoke in a room.

Thank you for staying with us.
I would recommend asking for a room in building 1 or 2 next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Staff very friendly. Very clean and close to the best parts of Sandpoint. Flower gardens around the hotel were of state fair quality. I cannot believe trip advisor is making me write at least 200 characters this is the worst part of my stay.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
laquinta0470, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hi 621travisr,

Thank you for staying with us. I will share your comments with my staff. They like when they get positive reviews.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review, specially when you had to do 200 characters. Lol

Travel safe!! :)

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Our family loves the pool and hot tub although they are in different locations on the property. The staff is friendly. The breakfast is great. The layout of the hotel may not be accommodating for some as it is in three different buildings.