“Good diner experience”

5th Ave Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 94 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We're staying at the hotel this place is in so we eat here often. The staff is great and the food comes out very fast. It's a bit pricey in my mind but home cooked grub. Only issue so far is that hubbys hashbrowns tasted fishy this morning. They have a good variety on the menu. The portions are decent and the place is clean and always busy. I would look at the menu online for prices and open times but they do have daily specials that they post in their board outside every day. Great for fast, friendly service and food.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Warm, friendly, family style restaurant with excellent selection of good food, good service and attractive prices.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

We visit this restaurant quite regularly. Regular enough that most of the waitresses know what we usually order. My husband and I went in yesterday for breakfast and I was highly disappointed. We are used to the service being hit or miss depending on which waitress we get. I ordered my usual omelet and got halfway through it and there was no cheese. The time before that, the cook only put cheese in one spot, so I was kind of waiting to see if it was only in one spot. By the time I got halfway through it and there was still no cheese, I figured it was time to say something. Part of the problem was that our waitress dropped our check with our food, so she never came back to check on us. A different waitress came to top off my coffee and I told her. She asked if I wanted a new one, which I didn't. I already ate over half and there was no way I was going to be able to eat another one. She said she could box it up and I can take it home, but microwaved eggs are rubbery and it would just get thrown out. She took it back and they tore it apart and apparently there was a little sliver of cheese in one tiny area. The cook admitted being stingy with the cheese. The waitress brought back my torn apart omelet with a small cup with about a tablespoon of grated cheese. I guess that was suppose to fix it. I let them know that I wasn't amused. I know they think I was being unreasonable, but I don't care. I wasn't the one that screwed up. No offer to discount the omelet was made, probably because the check was printed out immediately instead of waiting to see if it the order was right. When my husband and I got out to the car, he said they didn't put spinach on my omelet like they were suppose to either. He didn't say anything inside because I was already annoyed. The waitress said these were seasoned cooks and they should know, but these guys need to go back and learn the menu. I did give them 2 stars because my husbands omelet was good and had a lot of cheese. However, it will probably be a long time before we go back.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

You can't beat the friendly service...and substantial portions...at 5th Avenue. The breakfast menu is quite large, and they can probably make anything you don't see on it! And as others have noted, the prices are reasonable for a "sit down" restaurant.

I've tried a few different egg dishes--all good.

Atmosphere is that of a very basic family style restaurant. Very clean and fresh.

Good spot for a family breakfast or a group of friends to get together. There are several areas for larger parties.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Have eaten here over the years. The food is good solid american fare, the service is good, and the location is great if you are traveling through and want a no-fuss convenient stop.