All reviews private beach the ground floor silverwood theme park clean rooms nice room spokane marina mallard river dog pet
Reviewed 27 August 2018

After talking to some friends who stayed here ~10 years ago, I booked this hotel for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary. I was intrigued by the river access and environment the hotel boasts about on its website. I ignored the multiple negative reviews trusting my friends experience. I should have known better. We arrived and I immediately realized they had booked me in an annex building with a wonderful view of the parking lot and dumpster. We were celebrating our anniversary (which I told whoever booked our room) so I was not happy with the room selection. The front desk attendant didn't seem to care about getting me a better room or understanding my concerns. The interaction was awkward at best and gave me the impression I was in the way of the next smoke break. We then checked in to our room. The toilet wasn't fasted to the floor tight ( a GREAT surprise), the shower floor creaked like it was going to break and some of the lights flickered. No big deal, we are going to make the MOST out of this trip no matter what (we thought). We enjoyed our time on the Hiawatha bike trail! Upon returning we had a short turnaround to shower and be on to our next event. No worries, our room was cleaned and.....we have no soap or shampoo in the shower!! We called the front desk and about 15 minutes later, nothing had happened. I walked down the hall and found the cleaning maid still working hard. I grabbed some more soap, etc. and realized the poor gal seemed to be the only one working that day. This hotel is VERY understaffed. The next morning, we went to the lobby and had some of their 'premium' coffee. All it is, is an espresso machine. With a decently full hotel, it was crowded and we had to wait ~5 minutes to get a small cup of coffee. Everyone seemed to have the attitude "am I really waiting in line at a hotel for this coffee". It was a great atmosphere. We awoke our last morning to the wonderful sound of the garbage truck outside our window! We then slowly got up and went down the lobby at 0935 for some coffee. Upon arriving, I was promptly informed that coffee was served only until 930 and that I was too late. When I asked the 'manager' he affirmed that it wasn't possible to turn the machine 'on' for some coffee. I would classify his customer service attitude very similar to the indifferent maintenance worker smoking outside our building for everyone to see. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Don't waste your $, stay at Motel 6

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 177dr18
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

This place is old, overpriced and run down . You should rethink before booking . The price is so far over the service level it is hard to describe
Pool is a long walk/ short drive from many rooms . Hot tub is warm , rooms are very very dated

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dwayne t
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I wish it was possible to give a Zero rating.

Horrible old dark dingy hotel. But they say they are "remodeling".

The lobby and sitting area off the lobby look remodeled, so why would they remodel that area and not the rooms? Carpets stained and filthy, window seal leaking so windows are cloudy. I just can't think of any positives to say.

Restaurant-
Went to get seated for dinner, door open, lights on, but no one home. Finally went to the bar, no one offered to help or ask if we needed anything, so I asked about the restaurant. They said it's closed but the bar is open. The rest of our party wanted to leave and go somewhere where they cared. I talked our group into giving it a try.

Service was ok, I had a burger, charbroiled which was good, but no one else commented about the food being good. It was nice and quiet because there were only a couple people eating.

There just too many other choices for hotel and food in the region. Trees growing up along the river muting views. This was once a grand hotel, a real treasure in the area that appears that it's being left to die on the vine.

Room Tip: Don't do it, too many better choices in the region
1  Thank RandBSpokane
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The fires in the area were so bad that you couldn't see about 200 yards in front of you. The air was so bad, you couldn't breathe. My dad, who was with us, is 84 and said "I can't stay here" - so we walked in to the hotel and told them we had to drive back home. 6 hours away. We asked for a refund, or a credit and the front desk girl walked back to ask the GM. She said "no." - seriously? She even admitted how bad the air was. ok, so much for decency. This is the person representing the company? Wow. So, never again, not ever and extremely disappointed.

1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Too many issues to list! Filthy grounds-every garbage overflowing. The desk was unapologetic after returning home from Silverwood to be locked out. Had to switch rooms at midnight. Needs a deep clean.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel