“Easter Brunch”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had a family gathering at Hunters and can only thank them for putting on a great brunch. Couldn't find a better server and the food was great.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We used to come here a lot and almost always had the same booth which could have contributed a bit to our comfort. Some thing happened to that but now we are back again. I asked for a booth when I was asked 'table or booth' but we were given a table in a nearby section. I ordered the same so I could compare. This time, I remembered to say 'sausage' gravy so they wouldn't ask if I wanted a pot of
white or sausage gravy. I got white with an order of sausage cut up in it. It tasted good but had an awfully lot of sausage in it. My cheese omelet was not the same nor was it as good. The potatoes tasted the same which is good. The biscuit was made in a large pan and cut in squares and a bit crumbly. This is a fairly good place to eat and a great place for those who want to see animals. They serve a wide selection of wild meats but we only came for breakfast. I did notice that the lady we came with, who usually orders steak and eggs, didn't. The gentleman across from us had a chili omelet which he relished. These two people come more often than I have.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I love this place, it is an old school diner but with a lodge look to it with mounted animals at every turn and a bit of an exotic flare to the fare. I like the Duck but have a yak burger or an elk burger and I am sure you will be happy you did. Med rare though or it will be tough.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This restaurant has a great breakfast special and other breakfast items but their dinner meals are not too appetizing. Chicken is not properly cooked and most other main courses are simply of low quality and prepared poorly.

Thank Jack & Barb... J
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Family dinner time and G W Hunters was chosen. Plenty of easily accessible parking. Not very crowded (Wednesday night around 19:00) which seemed out of place. Our waitress was attentive but it was the back of the house that really screwed it up. Drinks took far to long as in 15 min for drinks to arrive at the table after ordering. I ordered the buffalo burger which was very good, however this burger was not worth the 45 min wait time. If the place was slammed packed maybe I could understand the long wait time but 45 min for a burger is just unacceptable. Everyone was happy with their meals and our waitress was great but again it was the back of the house that really dampened the mood.I recognize that every establishment will have a bad day, and the food did make up a lot but a 45 min wait time for food in a place that's perhaps at 25% capacity just wont cut it.