Quality Inn
Super 8 by Wyndham Pocatello(Pocatello)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
BestWestern.com
US$ 76
US$ 127
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsno elevatorwafflessmall breakfast areafront desk staffice packsseveral restaurants within walking distanceplug insfirst floorpool and hot tubhigh schoolwarm cookiessandpiper restaurantconvenience storeflat screen tvroom keybed was comfortablea great stay
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed here on our way back from Las Vegas and it was very relaxing that the checkin was quick and my grand kids enjoyed the fresh cookies that were available at checkin. The front desk person: "Chantelle" Not sure of the spelling was very good she had a line up and was very effecient in handling the line up. The rooms where very comfortable and the morning breakfast was great. Would recommended anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and at the end so a little walk to get to room. I would ask for a room closer to front desk, but all is good
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Thank Kurt.mr S
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This was a great place to stay! My family and I stayed here during the Pocatello Marathon and were treated very well. We were provided with a later checkout to ensure I had enough time to finish my race and shower. The beds were very comfortable and there were even high school volleyball players staying in the same hotel and we never heard them. We got a great nights rest, swam in the pool and hot tub, enjoyed the fresh baked cookies, and the service we received was superb. The location next to the interstate deemed to be very valuable and again it was very quiet. All in all they were a great place to stay and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2011

On the plus side, the front desk staff was friendly on check-in and check-out, the hotel and our room appeared to be clean. The room which included a king bed was roomy and nicely furnished. We did have a problem with one of our keys not being properly programmed which presented no problem since my wife and I left and returned at the same time using the one key that worked. Another problem we encountered was with the sink stopper which was disconnected and we couldn't fix which we reported to the front desk so that we wouldn't be blamed for it. An especially uncomfortable problem was what we thought was a very stale air smell in the room after the air conditioning was running. My wife and I both woke up in the morning with our eyes burning plus I also had a headache and a nose bleed as a result of the stale air. As we had to leave early the next morning, I did not try to contact the manager to see what might be the cause of the problem. A final problem which I didn't discover until I was home was the fact I was charged $1.50 for the use of the in-room safe which I didn't use or even know it was there. I called to complain on this and was told the charge was automatically added to every room unless on check-in one indicates they won't use it. The front desk person did not tell me this but did say there is a sign on the counter indicating such. The same person said she would contact management to see if the charge could be removed. Finally, again on the plus side, the furnished breakfast was more than adequate including the basics plus waffles, sausage, etc. I don't know if we'd stay here again because of the stale air problem.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank durf1
Reviewed 8 August 2011

It has no elevator so you have to do stairs. The pool was too cool for me but it was nice. The breakfast was very good. Had waffles, sausage, and egg in a little pancake size plus all the other standard stuff. Breakfast staff was very effecient and helpful. Keep the place clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Pros: The front desk staff were very nice. I asked for a single. They were sold out, so she gave me a double at the single rate. They also provide warm chocolate chip cookies on checkin and a coupon that can be used a a large variety of local and/or chain restaurants in the area. The room was clean and well-maintained. Wifi worked fine, and they also provided an internet station in the lobby for folks sans laptops.

Cons: The building itself it not a very good design. It is a two-story facility with stairways only at the ends of the building and no parking immediately adjacent to the building. So, you have to drag your luggage across the lot, and then up a flight of stairs. Also, the hallway areas are a bit dated: the carpets are threadworn and the stairwells were a bit muddy.

Overall, it was an okay place to stop for the night, but if I visit the city again, I'll try to find more convenient accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business